We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay?

Newcastle
Destination Expert
for Malta, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
3,156 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay?

We are visiting iguazu falls at beginning of January 2015. We will be staying on the Argentinian side for 2 nights.

Any hotel recommendations?

How easy is it to get to the falls if we stay at puerto iguazu as opposed to say, the Sheraton which is right by the falls but way too expensive?

Am I right in thinking that the Sheraton is the only hotel at the falls?

Thanks

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
11,461 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay?

The Sheraton is the only hotel within the Argentine Park. Have a look at www.expedia.com for hotels in Pte Igauzu for your visit. This will give you an idea of pricing and location. I like any of the hotels in the center. If you want to take the bus to the Falls then it leaves from the downtown bus terminal. Also, the restaurants are all within walking distance within the town.

Newcastle
Destination Expert
for Malta, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
3,156 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay?

Thanks Ricardo, been looking at Expedia and like the look of Iguazu jungle lodge but it's a bit out of town. Most people say 10 mins walk and uphill on way back. We will be there in summer? What do you think? Is it too far out?

Also looked at hotel saint george which is more central. Any other suggestions?

Hampstead, New...
Level Contributor
35 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay?

In Puerto Iguazu I stayed at and liked

http://www.lasorgentehotel.com/en/home.html

Hotel La Posada La Sorgente

argentina
Level Contributor
9,267 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay?

Twirl,I recommend you the Saint George Hotel in the City Centre with excelents facilities.

I was there in September.

Edited: 15 October 2014, 22:21
California
Level Contributor
231 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay?

Hi, I just checked the Saint George for Oct 7 & 8 for 2015 and they are quoting $933 USD per night! That sounds insane! I asked if it was ARS and they said NO, US Dollars. Any recommendations for the center of town?

6. Re: Where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2015, 04:15