We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stay in Mesa or Scottsdale?

Which Mesa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
illinois
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Stay in Mesa or Scottsdale?

My teenaged daughter and I are travelling to Phoenix area for another daughter's sports' tournament Dec.27-31, 2008. The team hotel is in Mesa and their are various sites for the games. Any recommendations for nice hotels in Mesa? Is Scottsdale too far to go back and forth? Thanks!

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
15,635 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stay in Mesa or Scottsdale?

All this depends on where the sports tournament is being held. There are lots of nice hotels in Mesa, but realize that Mesa is a huge town, as is Scottsdale. Traveling back and forth between the two could range from 20-40 minutes and more depending on locations. We need more specific information about locations.

illinois
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Stay in Mesa or Scottsdale?

The basketball games are in various locations. My daughter's hotel is the Hilton East in Mesa. Any suggestions?

Marina, California
Destination Expert
for Tucson
Level Contributor
5,811 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stay in Mesa or Scottsdale?

Hilton East Mesa is at Fiesta Mall, IIRC. That's not too far from Old Town Scottsdale, where most of the shopping and tourist sites are, around Scottsdale Road at Camelback Road. Should be 15 minutes one-way without traffic.

Is the Hilton booked up? Quite a few hotels very near there: a Fairfield, a Courtyard, a La Quinta, a Holiday Inn, etc. Not sure what sort of star rating you're looking for though. The resorts in Scottsdale are generally further north, which would be a little far to commute to/from Mesa every day.

There's the Fiesta Inn in Downtown Tempe, which is an upscale hotel very convenient to shopping and nightlife. It's a tad closer to that part of Mesa.

Arizona
Level Contributor
498 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Stay in Mesa or Scottsdale?

If you can, I would simply stay at the Hilton East Phoenix / Mesa. It's a nice place and located within easy driving distance of Scottsdale, Tempe and - presumably - wherever the games are.

If that's booked, the Holiday Inn at Country Club and US 60 is nice. It's located very near the Hilton.

There is also a full-service Marriott in downtown Mesa that would be a good choice.

5. Re: Stay in Mesa or Scottsdale?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2009, 01:15