We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a budget hotel

Tacoma, Washington...
Level Contributor
43 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for a budget hotel

Hi all,

I'm looking for a hotel in the Mesa area that is less than $100 a night, has a nice pool area, free breakfast, with in room microwave/fridge. It also needs to be within walking distance to stores/restaurants. We are just looking for a pool to lay at and play in during spring break and we don't have the money right now for a more expensive vacation. Thanks for all your help

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
563 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Looking for a budget hotel

Thanks.......will look at these. Many people from here go to Mesa......but stay in a modular home park - and don't much want to do that. They are 'snow birds' and just want to lay around and socialize and do the same ol same ol day after day, year after year - just to get away fm. our winters.

I DO NOT WANT TO COOK AND CLEAN UP AFTER MYSELF......when I'm on a vacation......for 3 weeks.....plus 1 week travel........I do enough of that at home for the rest of the year!!!! Did alot of travelling and cruising......but the 'all inclusive resorts and cruise food can play havoc with your health ie weight, cholesterol etc.......so, I'd rather go out and order WHAT I want.....instead of having all that variety of food 'in your face' . So, wanting to still go somewheres warm, and see something different, we decided to try Az. that soooo many people from Canada go to.

Thanks for all your suggestions. So, Scottsdale is Not a far drive then fm. Pheonix or Mesa?? Thanks.

Harleysville...
Destination Expert
for Fountain Hills
Level Contributor
5,271 posts
435 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Looking for a budget hotel

There is a very nice LaQuinta in Scottsdale at 8888 E. Shea Blvd. You can walk to several restaurants and stores and they have a nice pool. I would just ask for a room away from the highway as the hotel is next to highway 101, but it is lovely. We have had several people that we know stay there. The rates are very good also.

www.lq.com/lq/properties/propertyProfile.do…

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
563 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Looking for a budget hotel

Thanks. I think I finally found a few places that have good reviews that are in our budget. I DO NOT WANT A MODULAR PARK OR CONDO, AS I DO NOT WANT TO DO COOKING AND CLEANING UP AFTER OURSELVES.....I do enough of that at home, and want a months break from that and the cold Ab. weather. I found the Super 8 Mesa/Gilbert (familiar with it??) and the Days Inn on Juanita Ave. (US60 & Country Club. Blvd.) familiar with that? BOTH have Breakfast included, and All good Reviews, clean and satisfied clients... and for 21 day stay....within our budget (driving there & back) and both have suites available also. So, now just have to decide and book as they go fast, but have to book for out way down and return first. It took a long time to search and research ALL the Hotels and hopefully they will be available tomorrow. Thanks.

Mesa, AZ
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Looking for a budget hotel

Hello Wineo, Mesa has plenty of extended stay options! You can check rates for all Mesa hotels right on our website: http://www.visitmesa.com/

Our visitors guide is a great tool to pin point properties with things like; senior discounts, kitchenettes, free breakfast, restaurant on site, etc. You can order one to be mailed to you at no charge, or download one online. http://www.visitmesa.com/vguide/?vgID=10

You asked about the Comfort Inn and Suites, they are a fairly new property and the staff is pleasant. So you should enjoy it there.

15. Re: Looking for a budget hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 11:18