We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Timing for spending time in NOA

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,632 posts
747 reviews
Save Topic
Timing for spending time in NOA

We are impulsively planning our third trip to Argentina in less than 3 years......probably April6-may 6th. 2011

Ideally, would like to spend 2 weeks in BA and then fly up to Salta and environs and spend 6-7 days.

So.......is the 3rd week in April OK for galavanting?????? What is the weather like then?

Thanks much..........Ronnie G.

Mentioned in this post
Argentina
Argentina
South America
Salta
Salta
Province of Salta, Argentina
Salta
Level Contributor
110 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Timing for spending time in NOA

Hi there

six days perfect for galivanting - you will be able to see everything and have time to relax and smell the coffee. Rainy season over, cooler temps but still mid to late twenties

perfecto

Argentina
Level Contributor
3,596 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Timing for spending time in NOA

Dear Morewierd; I know sometimes the time is not enough and for the NW this will be the case. Most people feel they should have spent longer time.

AT least Four.... and when I say at least means theminimun...

This is my classical itinerary for four days... but you can add some more days to inlcude Cachi and an extra day in SALTA...

Day 1:Salta - Purmamarca - driving to the salt flats in the late afternoon (about 4:30 p.m. overnight in Purmamarca

Day 2:Purmamarca - Uquia - Humahuaca - Tilcara (lunch) - Salta

Day 3: Salta - Cafayate - wine tasting - goat cheese factory

Day 4: Cafayate -Salta

You can add a day for Cachi on the day 3, one more day if you want to enjoy Cafayate longer, and one day more for SALTA town.

What do you think??

Pls, make the questions you consider convenient.

Warm regards,

Giena

Mentioned in this post
Salta
Salta
Purmamarca
Purmamarca
Province of Jujuy, Argentina
Tilcara
Tilcara
Province of Jujuy, Argentina
Cafayate
Cafayate
WDC
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Timing for spending time in NOA

Hola moreweird,

I had a feeling you wouldn't be able to stay away from BsAs and Arg. so long :- )

As we follow you to Bariloche, you follow us to the NOA. And you will love it, as we did, I am sure.

Here is a link to my TR from last February.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g312822-i7638-k345…

Have a super trip. My best,

~Marnie

Argentina
Level Contributor
3,596 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Timing for spending time in NOA

I am a regular poster in this forum and as alocal I ma able to give you some useful information, pls, feel free to make questions.,

Warm regards,

Angie

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,632 posts
747 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Timing for spending time in NOA

Nomad and Giena.....................Thanks for letting me know the timing is right! Will probably NOT get serious with an itinerary to NOA until we return from 4 weeks in Israel in December.

Since i didn't think we'd be journeying back in 2011, all my info in in a carton in the garage. You know how that is! That info includes a print-out on marnie's trip last year.

And Marnie..................your peanut gallery comments ARE appreciated! If we change dates and go earlier.....would love to meet you in BA!

CHEERS, Ronnie G.

WDC
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Timing for spending time in NOA

Appreciate that, Ronnie, and the possibility of meeting in BsAs is so appealing - even if a longshot becauseof your ME travel plans.

Since your Arg. box is in that garage of yours, I am sending you links to dl's Trip Report - from which we got many good ideas - to cheer you on rainy and gray Autumnal days.

PART 1 - tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g312822-i7638-k242…

PART 2 - tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g312822-i7638-k243…

PART 3 - tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g312822-i7638-k244…

Cheers and happy planning, whenever you get to it.

My best,

~Marnie

Argentina
Level Contributor
3,596 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Timing for spending time in NOA

Anyway, Ronnie, whenever you need advise... I willl be here to up-todate information... DO not print everything! Save money and contribute to ecology!

LOL! See dl's reports.... They are great!

Giena

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,632 posts
747 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Timing for spending time in NOA

You are all ........SO SPECIAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a great day!

It's going to be 91 degrees today in the Boulder/Denver area!

Abrazos, Ronnie

9. Re: Timing for spending time in NOA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 March 2011, 06:30