We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rent-a-car in Salta

italia
Level Contributor
203 posts
101 reviews
Save Topic
Rent-a-car in Salta

Hi everybody,

I'm going to rent a car in Salta next August, for 10 days.

I wrote to all the rent a car I found on the web, and everyone was very quick and professional in replying. So, I don't know which one I have to choose.

Any suggestion? Can you recommend a rent-a-car you personnally tried, or do you have a bad one to NOT recommend?

Thank you in advance (sorry for my bad English)

46 replies to this topic
Italy
Level Contributor
39,487 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Rent-a-car in Salta

We waited until we were at the airport as all the offices are there, we got the best rate from Hertz and booked the car for the next day which we picked up at the office in town. Avis wanted to charge a supplement for renting the car outside hours which as we were renting on a Sunday we would have had to pay. Herz were much more flexible and had much longer opening hours.

22. Re: Rent-a-car in Salta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 23 May 2012, 20:05
Edited: 23 May 2012, 20:05

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Rent-a-car in Salta

We had a very bad experience with renting a car in Salta.. We did not want to spend around US 60,00 and rent a car , as we ususally do, from Europcar or Alamo.. So we have gone to the main street of Salta, corso Buenos Aires, and have found a small rent-a-car called AANYMORENTACAR, they have a website www.aanymorentacar.com.. the price for 10 days was really interesting, only 40 dollars per day, so we have signed a contract... On return to Salta from our trip to Bolivia and to the south of Salta, Cchi ecc, we have returned the car and took a taxi to reach the airport. Can you immagine that on the way to the airport we get a message from our bank that this rental tries to take 4000 pesos from our credit card? Fortunately, we had still some time before our flight to Iguazu, so we have called police and come back to their office. The guy in the office did not expect us wigth the policemen.. The situation has been clarified quickly, the policemen have asked the guy to call the credit card company and cancel the request for 4,000 pesos. But if we did not have time to come back to his office? It would not have been easy to do something once we have departed... Such a terrible experience, I personally shall never rent a car from small companies, especially in Argentina...

Buenos Aires...
1 post
Save Reply
24. Re: Rent-a-car in Salta

Just want to warn you about ATLANTICAR RENTAL. Me, my wife and my two kids went to Argentina in june for three weeks and wanted to visit the North of the country. We rented a car with Atlanticar Rental, a pretty cheap car rental company (compared to Hertz or Six) in Salta because we run on a short budget. At the beginning everything went fine, the owners were absolutely great and nice. The first two days of renting were perfect too but then, while we were heading to Cachi through the mountains the engine motor just started to smoke and we were in the middle of nowhere... The company accused us of mistreating the car and charged us 575 US$ without giving us any notification. In the end, we understood that those people were just used to ripping off tourists this way...

Argentina
Level Contributor
3,533 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Rent-a-car in Salta

I hate this things happen in my beautiful Salta where it is supposed you have to enjoy the scenery and be happy... I am sorry...

Angie/Giena

Brooklyn, New York
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
26. Re: Rent-a-car in Salta

I have a question for anyone on this thread who has rented from the big 3 out of the airport -- do they allow unattended drop-offs? I ask because we have a flight which leaves at 6am and our rental office (Alamo) is closed at that time. I'd like to be able to drop off the car and leave the key as some places in the US allow you to do, but I can't find a straight answer on whether this is possible or not. The alternative would of course be returning it the next day and taking a cab back from / back to the airport but that's kind of a pain...

Thanks for any advice.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
1 post
19 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Rent-a-car in Salta

Hello. We recently rented with LEAD a Duster to cross the Chilean border and come back to Salta (incredible trip). The service was perfect. The family running the business has been available when needed. We have had a small problem in Chile with noisybreaks and had it repair there. Lead reimbursed 100% without any question when we drove back. And their price were the most competitive. Also, they were the only ones available on the 1st of January. As a conclusion,they have been reliable. Edouard.

Buenos Aires...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Rent-a-car in Salta

In February this year we have also rented a car at LEAD. We would highly recommend this family run business. The prices are significantly lower than the bigger car rentals. We got a bigger car than we had paid for (5 doors instead of 3). Furthermore, after our car got broken into and all our stuff was stolen in purmamarca*, they delivered good service. They immediately showed empathy and when we returned the car 2 days earlier because of the theft, we didn't have to pay for these 2 remaining days. They got it even with the costs for the reparation of the two forced locks. They were very kind and helpful with calling the police in purmamarca and making copies for us.

* purmamarca is a pretty little town, but watch out for your belongings (in your car). We had parked our car in the same street as the police office and while we were away for 15 min. people have broken into our car and have stolen our stuff from the trunk.

Mendoza
1 post
Save Reply
29. Re: Rent-a-car in Salta

Do not use Argentina viajes y turismo!! They gave us a car that was in very bad condition which resulted in us having to camp at the side of the road for 9 hours before we were picked up. We only used the car for two hours and were promised a refund but when we came to claim it, they refused. Even the 500 pesos of gas money was not refunded. We lost a lot of time and money dealing with this shady agency!

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
24 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Rent-a-car in Salta

In July we rented a car for 2 weeks at ANTA and we had a very very good experience. Since we read many negative advices about the local rentacars, we wanted to use one of the biggest (Hertz, Avis or Budget), but when we landed in Salta we realized that they had no more cars because it was the time of their winter holidays! Then the Budget's manager suggested us to go to ANTA and told us we could trust them. Really, we had a very good car with good price, the service was perfect and the personal friendly. We highly recommend ANTA rentacar.

Reply to: Rent-a-car in Salta
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted