We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Quiaca to Salta...taxi or bus?

Mississauga, Ontario
Level Contributor
220 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
La Quiaca to Salta...taxi or bus?

To get Salta from La Quiaca by bus, it takes 7-8 hours.

Is it possible to take taxi and do you have any idea how much it would cost?Thanks!

London
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: La Quiaca to Salta...taxi or bus?

Not sure exactly, but I think it´s going to cost you a fair bit. If the taxi driver is based in La Quiaca, then they have to drive you 7 hours, and then drive seven hours back on his own.

You might get lucky, but I think you´re better off getting the bus. Balut have a service that runs direct to Salta, and there are many, many operators that run to Jujuy, where you can easily change for Salta.

The buses are perfectly fine for this length of journey. If you get a cab, you may save yourself an hour, but it´s probably going to cost you. It may not even be as comfortable as a Cama seat on a bus.

Jon

Check out our RTW travel blog and information site - www.theintrepidexplorers.com

Mississauga, Ontario
Level Contributor
220 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: La Quiaca to Salta...taxi or bus?

Make sense to me...thanks!

3. Re: La Quiaca to Salta...taxi or bus?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 19:40