We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quebrada de Humahuaca trip from Salta in 2 days

London, United...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Quebrada de Humahuaca trip from Salta in 2 days

Hello,

We are visiting the northwest in October and don't have much time there. We are only going to be able to stay two nights. We primarily want to see the Quebrada de humahuaca and are flying into Salta, and I would like to work out the best way to do that! I'm not sure about hiring a car, and there are only two of us so I think a private guide might be a bit expensive!

We would quite like to spend some time in Salta but it isn't the main reason for coming to the NW.

Can anyone here help with ideas about how we could do this?!

thanks,

Ellie

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
786 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quebrada de Humahuaca trip from Salta in 2 days

Dear eleanor,

Although northwest deserves lots of time, still you can get to see a lot.

I would suggest to sign with a small group tour, to do a two days trip- salta city/purmamarca/salta city.

This is a regular tour to Quebrada de Humahuaca, with overnight in Purmamarca and it will allow you to visit the main towns of the Quebrada, know a little more about the culture and take amazing pictures.

There are small group tours that do this, so that it doesn't come that expensive for you two.

I hope this helps. If you need more info don't hesitate to ask!

Have a great trip!

Veronica

Say Hueque Tours

Italy
Level Contributor
39,682 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quebrada de Humahuaca trip from Salta in 2 days

You could check out the hire ar costs against doing a tour, we hired a car from Hertz and it really is an easy drive with hardly any traffic once you get out of Salta which is only a small town so easy to get out of.

London, United...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quebrada de Humahuaca trip from Salta in 2 days

Thanks Veronica,

I cant see from your website that your company offers two day tours, can you reccomend some reputable companies in Salta that do, or who we should avoid. I've been warned off Nordic before!

appriciate the help!

Ellie

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
786 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Quebrada de Humahuaca trip from Salta in 2 days

Hola Ellie!

I have sent you a private message. Please, if you need more advice don't hesitate to ask me again!!

Saludos!

Veronica

Say Hueque Tours

Argentina
Level Contributor
3,598 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Quebrada de Humahuaca trip from Salta in 2 days

Dear Eleanor, Nordic has a terrible reputation in Salta. I would not even recommend it to any anemyLOL!

My favorite tour in the NW is

Salta - Purmamarca - visit the salt flats at sunset, overnight in PUrmamarca

Purmamarca - Uquia - Humahuaca- Tilcara. Back to Salta....

do not miss any of these points!!!

Angie/Giena

Argentina
Level Contributor
3,598 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Quebrada de Humahuaca trip from Salta in 2 days

Dear Eleanor, Nordic has a terrible reputation in Salta. I would not even recommend it to any anemyLOL!

My favorite tour in the NW is

Salta - Purmamarca - visit the salt flats at sunset, overnight in PUrmamarca

Purmamarca - Uquia - Humahuaca- Tilcara. Back to Salta....

do not miss any of these points!!!

Angie/Giena

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
103 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Quebrada de Humahuaca trip from Salta in 2 days

We did this area in two days. Would have loved to have more time, but it wasn't an option.

The first day we drove from Salta to Tilcara, visited the ruins at Pucara, and then spent the night in Humahuaca. The next day we drove down to Purmamarca, went up to the salt flats and then spent the night in Purmamarca and headed back south the next day. If you had two people switching off driving, you could get back to Salta that day (we got down from the salt flats around 3pm but were too tired to continue.)

Accounts of both days:

stephandben.com/2011/11/motorcycle-trip-day-…

stephandben.com/2011/11/motorcycle-trip-day-…

8. Re: Quebrada de Humahuaca trip from Salta in 2 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 14:19