We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Peninsula Valdez tour companies

Reno, NV
Level Contributor
88 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Peninsula Valdez tour companies

Have searched on forum and Google but have not found what I'm looking for. We will be in PM in early November and would like to do a tour of Peninsula Valdez. I keep running into full-service, high-end tours (ie include flight, hotel, tour) not just a la carte tour. Any recommendations for companies? Or should I wait until we get there where we might have a selection of local tours?

Miami Florida
Level Contributor
17 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Peninsula Valdez tour companies

I have the same question....I want to spend 4 days November 16 -19 and am wondering if I should attempt this myself as a solo traveller or book with an agency??

Atenas, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
230 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Peninsula Valdez tour companies

You can just wait until you arrive in Puerto Madryn.

There are several very good tour agencys located on the main street facing the beach. You can visit them the day before you want to book your tour as the group tours are running everyday.

Private tours are best booked in advance so you can set up any specific things you would like to do.

Some questions you should ask-What are the stops, what type of vehicle and how long is the tour.

usa
Level Contributor
121 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Peninsula Valdez tour companies

does one really need a tour company? i plan to be there for a couple of days and i will be renting a car. i can't see it by myself? i do not need guide explanations as i am a biologist myself...

San Carlos de...
Level Contributor
1,018 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Peninsula Valdez tour companies

Here is an blog post and interview we did with a guide in PM.

http://livinginpatagonia.com/?p=3278

I highly recommend renting a car and if you want a guide, Doug (who's contact info is at the end of the post) is very knowledgeable.

Edited: 28 July 2010, 21:40
Puerto Madryn
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Peninsula Valdez tour companies

Hello i am a tour guide in Puerto Madryn and I have worked with many companies one of them is Flamenco Tour , they could offer you full service . Ask to Cintia in ventas1@flamencotour.com

Puerto Madryn
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Peninsula Valdez tour companies

Hello !!! Is a good option to rent a car and especially if you are biologist. Just remember that in Peninsula there is not any paviment, so drive slowly. And to enter to Peninsula and Tombo reserve if you are more that 5 people you will need a tour guide.

Enjoy !!!

Puerto...
Level Contributor
51 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Peninsula Valdez tour companies

Chalten Travel is a cheap responsable company with good english speaking guides and perfect whale watching trip company

8. Re: Peninsula Valdez tour companies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 February 2011, 05:15