We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bariloche: any tips on car rental deals?

São Paulo
Level Contributor
12 posts
103 reviews
Save Topic
Bariloche: any tips on car rental deals?

We have a US$ 300 offer on a FIAT SIENA category, for a six days rental, maximum of 100 kms. a day Any options? Would it be risky not to make reservations, and try to hire a car after the arrival, on june, 24th? Thanks for your time, folks.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
2,281 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bariloche: any tips on car rental deals?

The price you are being quoted doesnt seem too outrageous... the thing is that rental cars in Argentina are expensive, and there are unfortunatetly not that many companies competint against each other (the rental car market is not as large as in other countries). Also, the smaller companies usually have older cars and less selection... and in my experience, pricing is usually comparable to the larger and more established brand name rental agencies.

Bariloche is not my strongest destination in terms of info. I can provide... maybe there is a small local company thats well established that Im missing... but as a general rule I would suggest considering renting from a larger company.

The only part that can get expensive for you is the limit of 100kms per day. I suggest you trying to get a quote for unlimited mileage... and if possible, try to do the math on what exactly you will be seeing and how many kms. you plan to use the car. This will give you a good yardstick for you to compare and see what works out better for you.

Sorry I cant be of more asistance.

Bariloche
Level Contributor
604 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bariloche: any tips on car rental deals?

Jun 24th...is low season for car rental rates in Bariloche...for a 7 day rental with ...GM CORSA 4 door with 1500 kms free...tax and inssurance included...the rate is u$d 250.-

www.evenrentacar.com.ar

The best rates and brand new cars

Branford...
Level Contributor
2,240 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bariloche: any tips on car rental deals?

Make sure the price quoted includes the VAT tax and insurance. Also 100km a day translates into just over 60 miles a day for the non-metric people. Not a lot of free miles. I have never found a decent rental car in Argentina for under $50 a day all inclusive so $300 for 6 days is not a bad deal. I would make the reservation ahead of time and not take my chances. Make sure it is a gasoline car and have your international drivers license ready. If there is an amusement park near your home go ride on the bumper cars so you are prepared for Argentine traffic and drivers. Kidding...but it is a different experience.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
2,281 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bariloche: any tips on car rental deals?

Also, remember that you will be getting a manual transmission vehicle.... automatics are very rare and very expensive rentals in Argentina.

5. Re: Bariloche: any tips on car rental deals?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2009, 04:16
Get answers to your questions about San Carlos de Bariloche