We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Club Hotel Catedral

Which San Carlos de Bariloche hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Quito
Level Contributor
101 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Club Hotel Catedral

I am close to booking a cabana at the Club Hotel Catedral, www.clubhotel.com.ar outside Bariloche for July 3-9th. Does anyone know anything about this hotel? I also looked at the Village Catedral but it got bad reviews. Is it really a bad place?

Finally, am I taking a great risk re: snow by arriving the first week of July? We can also vacation from July 14-21st but it is significantly more money. Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
3,998 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Club Hotel Catedral

The Club Hotel Catedral is ok... it's better than the other one, in my op. With regards to the dates, I would definitely go July 14-21 because it is much more probable to have better skiing/snowboarding conditions then.

Fátima, BA
Level Contributor
163 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Club Hotel Catedral

snow in julio OK

http://www.laslenas.com/?

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
2,281 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Club Hotel Catedral

Snow conditions vary from year to year...... If you ask me, the best month of the year is August, but again, every year is different. Things are supposed to be looking good for this season, but again, the weather is known to be a very risky thing to predict.

If possible, I suggest you look into coming in August, also the crowd may be more interesting to you that time of the year.

Bariloche
Level Contributor
604 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Club Hotel Catedral

Club Hotel Catedral is OK...nothing special, and it is not the same hotel as it was years ago, regarding services...but is in a convenient location, at the base of the ski slopes.

You are taking a great risk...as you said, arriving the first week of July..last year the big snow arrived July 20th..

As Gaucho said, August is less crowded, and better chances of significant snow in Catedral

5. Re: Club Hotel Catedral

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2009, 18:17