We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snow

Which San Carlos de Bariloche hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
4,497 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Snow

It's been snowing all day! The snow is amazing.

I just had to share that. It was a great day today. Not much visibility, but it didn't stop snowing all day.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
2,281 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snow

I guess its going to be a good ski season in Bariloche then.... a friend just returned from Las Lenias yesterday and told me that the snow is running out... its been very warm the past couple of days and unless they get some serious snow these days July is going to look problematic. The weather continues to play crazy......

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,497 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snow

It snowed 50 cm the other day and another 35 last night!! The season is amazing. The mountain was full of fresh powder yesterday, and today will be even better!! Aside from weekends, there is practically no one on the mountain. This has been a GREAT season so far!

SJ, PR
Level Contributor
322 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Snow

Do you anticipate it will keep snowing up until late August? I will not be getting there until the 27th!

NYC
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Snow

Just decided that my friends and I would go to Bariloche instead of Las Lenas. I was wondering for the people who already went there or are already there, do you know of any companies offering package deals? Housing / lift tickets, and possibly food all inclusive? Since the town is so near, I'm guessing it would be better for us to go out and find our own food.

Should I just choose a hotel and book a package with them directly, or try to book a package with the resort itself? Looking for cheap options for about 4-5 people, wouldn't mind staying altogether in a cabin...

NYC
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Snow

Just read some more threads on this very informative forum. Sounds like I should buy my tickets when I get there, no point in purchasing ahead of time. With that said, looks like I should be looking at purchasing everything separately rather than trying to find a package.

Trying to decide whether or not to stay in the city, or stay near the resort... any considerations either way? It'll be 4-5 of us, mid-20s. I suppose most of my friends would prefer to stay in town, is it hard commuting to the slopes from town?

If I stay in the city, are apartments available for rent similar to BsAs or will I be stuck with hotels? Thanks!

Bariloche
Level Contributor
604 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Snow

dcdomain...book a resort and for the ski passes, rental equipment, shop around while you here...you can get good bargains, even if you spend a little time checking the best deals.

A cabin, is very convenient...more room, with a nice fireplace and get food delivered, or do groceries...and not going out to dinner every night, which makes a pocket difference

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,497 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Snow

I think ski dot com does packages to Bariloche.

Late August the snow should still be GREAT.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Snow

Will be in Bariloche from 29 Jul. Hope the snow holds out. I notice the forcast is for rain next week.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,497 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Snow

It snowed all day today.

Where are you checking forecasts? Be sure to check the Cerro Catedral website for mountain forecasts. Today it snowed all day long on the mountain, but downtown it rained.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,497 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Snow

70 cm. of powder the other day!

Get answers to your questions about San Carlos de Bariloche