We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishing season in Bariloche

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
92 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Fishing season in Bariloche

Hi Everyone,

I'll be in Bariloche area for 4 days at the end of October, and I'd love to do some fishing while I'm there. From what I've read so far, the fishing season starts in mid-Nov and finishes in April :-( However I read somewhere that some rivers and lakes are open all year round for fishing but cannot find any more information on the web. Does anyone have any ideas on where I could find out about this?

Thanks!

Teresa

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
2,281 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fishing season in Bariloche

Hello Teresa,

Im not a fisher, so I cannot give you any direct advice. However, I will tell you that in my business I have a lot of customers that are avid fishers and hunters, and I hear the same story over and over again. The difference between a good fishing/hunting trip and a total disaster is in the "outfitter" you use. It seems that booking a fishing trip yourself (directly) is not the usual practice here in Argentina, and that your choice of your outfitter makes the world of a difference. I know this is probably too vague or general for you to make any good use of this, but I just thought I would share this with you.

Again, I dont know that you could not to this directly with some fishing lodge yourself, but from what I hear from my customers of many years is that the best lodges are always packed and reserved well in advance (at least during the best times of the year), and that the only way to get the best places is going through one of these profesional outfitters that pull everything together.

Hope this is of some help.

Cheers,

Alex

Bariloche
Level Contributor
604 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fishing season in Bariloche

Fishing season starts Nov 01 thru May 01...there is one lake (Moreno Lake) that´is open year round with catch and release...none of the rivers are open to fish

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
3,998 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Fishing season in Bariloche

I agree with Alec - much better to use an outfitter. They have all the best lodges reserved for their clients anyway! look on the searchbar for some recommendations on travel agencies, perhaps you will find one with specialization in fishing trips.

Have fun fishing!

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
3,998 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Fishing season in Bariloche

ok - it was gaucho. Well alec too... with the dates.

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
92 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fishing season in Bariloche

Thanks everyone! I was mainly thinking of a 1 day or 1/2 day out fishing. Does anyone have any recommendations on outfitters who do this?

Thanks again!

Bariloche
Level Contributor
604 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fishing season in Bariloche

You can hire a fishing guide and also you will beprovided with fishing tackle...no need to bring your own

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
92 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fishing season in Bariloche

Thanks Alec. You are full of useful information! :-)

Do you recommend anyone in particular?

Thanks again!

Teresa

Bariloche
Level Contributor
604 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fishing season in Bariloche

I have a couple of friends who are very professional fishing guides, and I always refer them to friends and other anglers, closer to your arrival date, post me a private message, and I´ll give you the data, thanks again

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
92 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fishing season in Bariloche

Thanks Alec. That would be great! I will drop you a note in October.

Get answers to your questions about San Carlos de Bariloche