We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation Bariloche

Which San Carlos de Bariloche hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
42 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodation Bariloche

I was there in August. A couple of months before travelling, I had booked an apartment from www.apartmentsbariloche.com for 600 USD for 6 nights. When I got there I found that the place was awful: dirty bed linen, dirty carpets, dirty and smelly bathroom. I was horrified and of course I would not stay there. After some argument, I managed for them to return the deposit I had paid. Of course I lost money anyway and, being in a desperate position, with no accommodation, I was forced to search on the spot for a hotel, which I found but which was much more expensive but it was well worth it not to stay in such a nasty, dirty, depressing little place. So, be warned against this agency.

Bariloche
Level Contributor
604 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation Bariloche

sometimes booking thru internet, without any advice...can happen the worst...you can find great deals the best photos, which in situ, are not that great

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
42 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation Bariloche

The problem is that the photos they show make the accommodation look rather nice, but in person one is confronted with the hard reality. In any case, it was really unacceptable that the bed clothes and towels were dirty. Shame on the people who deal on such properties. It's a pity because they give a bad name to those who might try hard to please the tourists in Argentina without resorting to ripping them off. In any case, I ended up at the Hotel La Cascada, which was lovely and super clean.

San Carlos de...
Level Contributor
1,018 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation Bariloche

We rent property here in Bariloche to tourists and are committed to making sure the guest's expectations are exceeded. I suspect this was more of an isolated incident than a regular occurence. Suerte!

Buenos Aires
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation Bariloche

You are a complete fool SantillanAmsterdam. They gave you all of your money back so what are you complaining about? How many agencies do you think would give your money back? us$100/night does not get you nice accommodation in Bariloche in August, Bariloche is VERY expensive. If you wanted decent accommodation you needed to pay at least twice that. Of course the other place you found was MUCH nicer, you pay for what you get and us$100 in high season gets you nothing nice. I praise this agency for giving your money back. There should be more people like them and less like you.

San Carlos de...
11 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodation Bariloche

I just want to respond to peter254 that it is not true that you can not find nice accomodations for $100 in August ( or summer high season for that matter). We rent out a beautiful, high quality house that sleeps four for $70 in winter high season and $90 summer high season. Bariloche is more expensive than most places in Argentina, but I would say that that is the case for any tourist destination.

Buenos Aires
9 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Accommodation Bariloche

Enlosandes,

Please show me where I can see photos of this house. If it is nice, for that price I will book it myself when I am in Bariloche next.

San Carlos de...
11 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Accommodation Bariloche

Peter here is the link to our photo gallery

http://barilochehouse.com/gallery.htm

Buenos Aires
9 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Accommodation Bariloche

Enlosandes, the views look VERY nice from that place but it is NOT high quality. It is very basic. High quality is something like the design suites and they charge between us$235 - us$360/NIGHT in high season. I'm sorry but you can't find high quality accommodation in Bariloche in high season for us$100..

San Carlos de...
11 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Accommodation Bariloche

Peter,

I beg to differ. Casita Llao Llao is a high quality residence with the best made products found in Bariloche. We remodeled the entire place this fall. In addition all of our guests thus far have remaked on how much they have enjoyed the place and that it was a luxurious experience.

Also, you stated earlier that it was impossible to get a "nice property" in Bariloche.

I was responding to that comment. Our place is an example that there are places out there under US$100 that are nice. Many prefer the experience of their own private houe versus the hotel version such as the Designer Suites.

I agree with you that it is very difficult to find nice, high quality accommodations in a hotel for US$100. But there are other options.

Blue Mountains...
Level Contributor
48 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Accommodation Bariloche

My husband and I are staying right now at Casita Llao Llao. I am sitting on the deck writing this email. the view is spectacular and the accomodations are excellent. We have all we need for a wonderful vacation. Our hosts are very attentive but in no way intrusive. They include a skype phone that we use to contact our friends and relatives. the kitchen is more than adequate for preparing light meals and the area is wonderful. We would definitely stay here again. The website contains all accurate information and in fact the photos don't do it justice!Here is the website in case you missed it:

info@barilochehouse.com

Get answers to your questions about San Carlos de Bariloche