We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best way to get from airport to LlaoLao area?

Blue Mountains...
Level Contributor
48 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
best way to get from airport to LlaoLao area?

We are arriving Sat. afternoon by plane from Buenos Aires and will need a drive to our rental house outside Bariloche near Llao Llao. Can you advise me of the best way to travel. Is it by taxi?

thanks

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
3,624 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best way to get from airport to LlaoLao area?

are you going to rent a car for your stay? if so,

www.evenrentacar.com.ar is excellent and will pick you up at the airport.

If not, use a taxi.

Blue Mountains...
Level Contributor
48 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best way to get from airport to LlaoLao area?

Thanks for you advise

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,497 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best way to get from airport to LlaoLao area?

If you're going to be all the way out in the Llao Llao area, you will probably want to rent a car.

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
11,518 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best way to get from airport to LlaoLao area?

Iam staying in the LlaoLlao area this week and I completely agree with everyone to rent a car. We rented from www.evenrentacar.com.ar as did Karmalaw(BTW, they still love you down here) and couldn't be more delighted with the customer service(Martin and Alec) and quality of the car.

The LlaoLlao is so lovely and one of the finest areas to stay. The views are spectacular. Driving is not difficult and you are far enough away from the BA drivers to make it enjoyable. There are so many beautiful day drives in the area that it would be a mistake to miss them by not renting a car.

Have a nice week here. You have picked a paradise.

Enjoy!!!

Blue Mountains...
Level Contributor
48 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best way to get from airport to LlaoLao area?

We did end up renting a car and were very happy we did. We rented from Even Rentals as well and were amazed at the service Martin gave us. Jamie at Casita Llao Llao set it up for us.

io'm glad you are having such a good time in the area. We loved it as well.

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,518 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best way to get from airport to LlaoLao area?

Hi Cellis,

We are at Casita LlaoLlao(www.barilochehouse.com) this week. Wow!!! What a beautiful peace of property. I want to take the view back to Buenos Aires with me. Shanie and Jamie are delightful hosts and how lucky they are to have such a beautiful place to live. Iam so happy that we picked this area to stay. It doesn't get much better than this.

Iam sitting in your chair typing this right now with the lake looming in front of me.

Saludos!!!

Blue Mountains...
Level Contributor
48 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: best way to get from airport to LlaoLao area?

We loved it and wish we could take that view with us as well! Say hello to Jamie and Shanie for us. we have been enjoying our time in Mendoza as well.

We are on our way to Santiago and Vina del Mar tomorrow. any suggestions for us?

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,518 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: best way to get from airport to LlaoLao area?

Santiago is a nice city, but not as exciting as Buenos Aires. It,always reminds me of Los Angeles with the mountains in the background(and the smog). I like the area of Las Condes/Providenica for staying. There are some delightful apart/hotels in that neighborhood(Santa Magdalena apartments). You have got a great selection of restaurants and other services in this area. Also, it is very safe and the metro runs right through there.

Be sure to take the cable and the funiculars up to the mountain to see the Madonna. The Plaza Italia is nice with the Darwin jardins and the Plaza de Armas downtown square is quite impressive. The PreColombian museum is vey good.

They have some nice wine tours from the city, but I think that Mendoza is better IMO.

Have a nice trip. Chile is a lovely country and the people are delightful.

Enjoy!!

Blue Mountains...
Level Contributor
48 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: best way to get from airport to LlaoLao area?

Thank you. We are staying at Marilu's B&B in Providencia near the Salvador Metro station. We will use your helpful tips on our travels.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: best way to get from airport to LlaoLao area?

We were in Bariloche early April 2008. There is a bus every 20 minutes from the local bus terminus (really a collection of bus stops together). Took it to Llao Llao and return, less than 3 pesos return if my memory sereves me correctly. The bus turns in the Llao Llao resort property (end of the line).