We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Da'Cars Car Rental

Raleigh, NC
Level Contributor
1 post
18 reviews
Save Topic
Da'Cars Car Rental

I was really pleased with the friendly, professional service we received from this small car-rental company. We struck out in getting a car rental at the airport upon our arrival, but our hotel staff was able to obtain a car for us (a perfectly serviceable Ford Eco-Sport) the day we arrived and our agent was really nice. They don't speak English, but if you can muddle through in Spanish (as I did), I encourage supporting this business.

Branford...
Level Contributor
2,240 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Da'Cars Car Rental

I had the same experience with Trip rent a car in Buenos Aires. No english whatsoever but it worked out. For a Volkswagen Santana for 18 days with unlimited mileage, VAT included and insurance included it cost me 3200 pesos over a little over a thousand dollars or roughly 60 bucks a day all inclusive. Not bad I thought. Rental cars are not cheap in Argentina and the bigger companies just kill you with fees and the like. The car had 70k miles on it but it was in good shape, ran well and got decent mileage. 4 door, large trunk. Standard transmission of course with air. I was met at the airport (EZE) by two women with a sign with my name. We stepped away from the crowd and I showed my id (passport, license, international license). Signed some papers (I really did not know what I was signing but that is the same in the US..when I am on vacation I just want to go). I paid the woman in cash. The woman took me to the car and we did an inspection. I signed that the car was ok. And I was off. Now driving in Argentina deserves a forum of its own. Scary. I drove to Cordoba, then to BA, then to Mar del, then to Bahia Blanca, then to BA. No problems. I had to change a signal bulb but at 3 pesos I sucked it up. When I got back to BA I parked the car in a garage and called the company to come pick it up. 30 minutes later they arrived, did a quick inspection and drove off. Not a bad experience. I was told I had to pay cash at the airport so I went to the Banco de Nacion and exchanged a bunch of US currency. When I paid her she said I could have paid on the credit card I was using to guarantee the rental. Go figure.