We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bariloche Early december packing outdoor clothing

NY
Level Contributor
35 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Bariloche Early december packing outdoor clothing

Curious on if anyone can recommend clothing for this time of year

to use for hiking and outdoor activities

wool sweater, cap and gloves

hiking boots

Will a pea coat suffice?

Should I purchase waterproof hiking pants?

Any tips are appreciated

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
11,502 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bariloche Early december packing outdoor clothing

Remember that you are in the mountains and that Pacific storms can happen even in the Summer, then pack your clothing so that it can be layered. I wouldn't pack any large bulky clothes.

I have arrived during this time of year in shorts from Buenos Aires and had to put trekking pants on and then layer a jacket because there were snow flurries. The next day is was bright and sunny and I was back in shorts.

In the evening, I wear long pants and maybe a sweater/sweatshirt or light jacket to dinner since it can get chilly.

Lunenburg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Saint John, Foz do Iguacu, Iguazu National Park
Level Contributor
3,770 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bariloche Early december packing outdoor clothing

Hi NY!

December, as you know, is Southern Hemisphere summer. Once when we arrived in February, we hit overcast weather, showers with the highs for the day in the low 50s F. We appreciated our Canadian winter clothing, which of course we had brought with us for our return to Canada.

The next time, we found a delightfully warm summer day in the 70s. The altitude usually keeps Bariloche from getting excessively hot.

While chilly weather is always a possibility, especially in the mountains, do not come expecting North American December weather. You'll have long, bright evenings. It's summer!

David

capetien10@gmail.com

Edited: 15 August 2011, 20:30
NY
Level Contributor
35 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bariloche Early december packing outdoor clothing

Thank you both. Looking forward to the trip!!

4. Re: Bariloche Early december packing outdoor clothing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2012, 22:17