We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What would you visit in SC de Bariloche in one day?

Which San Carlos de Bariloche hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
30 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
What would you visit in SC de Bariloche in one day?

We will arrive at the end of December at about 17 hrs on a Thursday and we will leave SC Bariloche early morning on Saturday.

What should we visit on Thursday evening? And on Friday? Consider any means of transport.

Thank you.

Argentina
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
5,442 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What would you visit in SC de Bariloche in one day?

Not a fan or organized tours, I would have a look at the Welcome Argentina website, choose which places I want to visit, rent a car, and go there.

Not to be missed (again, personal opinion): tea or drinks at Hotel Llao Llao.

welcomeargentina.com/bariloche/index_i.html

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
30 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What would you visit in SC de Bariloche in one day?

Verobaires, thank you for your answer.

Perhaps this only happens to me but when I read something about a destination where I have not ever been, I typically end up with thousands of data, a long list of destinations ... and sometimes it is difficult to prioritize and decide.

In your opinion, what must-visit places in SC Bariloche and surroundings would you recommend for one day and a half? Nor we are fan of organized tours and we will rent a car or use public transport, whatever you suggest.

Argentina
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
5,442 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What would you visit in SC de Bariloche in one day?

There are two classic itinerarys to see all the Bariloche surrounding area (it's all about the scenery there): Circuito Grande (big circuit / loop) and Circuito Chico (small). You'll find maps of them everywhere, and they are marked by signs as well.

You'll have to rely on local advice as to which one to do, depending on the ash situation. Should it be a windy day, and were you bothered by the ashes, it might be better not to drive too much? You'll have to sort that out once you arrive.

Another nice trip is by boat across the Nahuel Huapi lake, and a small trek inside the Arrayanes forest (local tree, said to have inspired Walt Disney for creating Bambi, because ot its spots ...).

I know I would, under good weather conditions, take the road to Villa la Angostura, and have a look at those so famous ashes ... because I've heard / read & written so much about them during the last 6 months, that I would really want to see for myself what it's all about ... please feel free NOT to follow my advice !!!

Buy some chocolates, stroll around the town, and go to Hotel LLao - Llao, because it's lobby, bar and restaurant (and surrounding area) are a must-see ...

4. Re: What would you visit in SC de Bariloche in one day?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 August 2013, 20:41
5. Re: What would you visit in SC de Bariloche in one day?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 December 2012, 10:15
Get answers to your questions about San Carlos de Bariloche