We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visiting Bariloche in mid-April - suggestions?

Which San Carlos de Bariloche hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
68 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
visiting Bariloche in mid-April - suggestions?

My husband and I (active, early 60's) plan to visit in mid-april for 3-4 days not including travel days. We like to fish, eat well, moderate hiking. we are amateur photographers and have enjoyed photo tours. Ideas? We can stay up to 5 days.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
89 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: visiting Bariloche in mid-April - suggestions?

Make sure you have your rain gear with you. I might be a bit cold too.

Peru
Level Contributor
669 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: visiting Bariloche in mid-April - suggestions?

Bariloche in April will be a bit cold, probably wind, with some chance of rain, but you also may also get sunny (but still chilly) days. As recommended above, definitely pack your rain & wind gear.

Food: check out El Boliche de Alberto, Cassis, and Almacen de Sabores. If you like sweets, stop in at any of the chocolate shops that line the main streets.

Places: Go up to Cerro Campanario or to Cerro Otto for panoramic views of the city and Nahuel Huapi Lake. Drive up to Cerro Catedral to poke around the ski resort, and if you're up for some adventure there are hiking trail or horseback tours that you can arrange. One of these is a drive and hike to Cerro Tronador. You can also take boat tours (sail to Puerto Blest) and fishing tours around the lakes. The Ruta de los 7 Lagos is a gorgeous scenic drive heading up to San Martin de los Andes and passing through Villa La Angostura and you can stop for strolls through myrtle forests.

Happy travels!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
68 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: visiting Bariloche in mid-April - suggestions?

Muchas gracias por la informacion!

TLV
Level Contributor
47 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: visiting Bariloche in mid-April - suggestions?

I just did the 7 Lagos, and I mus admit, it's a bit disappointing...

Maybe it is very spectacular when the top of the mountains are covered by snow, but at this days (and for sure in April) there is almost no snow, and part of the ruta looks like construction site due to the road maintenance !

Think seriously oboist ruta 63 which goes via pass cordoba (if I remember the name) we liked it much more than the 7 lakes

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
68 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: visiting Bariloche in mid-April - suggestions?

thanks - we appreciate the advise.

San Carlos de...
Level Contributor
1,018 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: visiting Bariloche in mid-April - suggestions?

Here is my Bariloche Dream Week.

http://livinginpatagonia.com/?p=4306

Also, here is our Restaurant Guide.

barilochevacationrental.com/BarilocheRestaur…

April is a great time to visit, the fall colors start to show themselves.

Suerte!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
68 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: visiting Bariloche in mid-April - suggestions?

thanks for the info. We are re-evaluating going to Bariloche this time of year. We just spend more time in Buenos Aires. We live in Nicaragua, so we aren't used to cold weather (and don't have the clothes for it either.)

8. Re: visiting Bariloche in mid-April - suggestions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 00:17