We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help with itinerary in Bariloche

New York
Level Contributor
76 posts
116 reviews
Save Topic
Please help with itinerary in Bariloche

Please help with our itinerary. We have 4 nights in Bariloche right at Christmas. We are not sure if the tours will be running. We are hoping that they will be. Our current plan:

Day 1 Dec. 24 arrive If there is time go up Cerro Campanario or Cerro Otto.

Day 2 Dec 25 Christmas We are hoping to be able to get a tour to the Glaciers of Mount Tronador

Days 3 and 4 Dec 26 or Dec 27 4 of us are interested in the tour to San Martin and the Seven Lakes and on the other day the Short Circuit in the morning and Victoria Island and Arrayanes Wood in the afternoon.

Does anyone know if the tours are running?

Can you recommend a tour company that will work with us to arrange these day trips?

And, most importantly, are we covering the highlights without overlapping too much.

Thank you so much!!

Thank you so much for your assistance.

ZigZag Travel
City Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Sightseeing Tours, River Rafting & Tubing, Boat Tours
Beltway Travel
Boat Tours, Sightseeing Tours, River Rafting & Tubing, Kayaking & Canoeing
Bastion del Manso Travel & Adventure
Sightseeing Tours, River Rafting & Tubing, Boat Tours, Horseback Riding Tours
San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
11,647 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please help with itinerary in Bariloche

My niece visited Bariloche over Christmas and didn't indicated that they had a problem with a lot of things being closed. However, it is best to email the services which you are interested in order to be sure of their schedules. Have a look at www.welcomeargentina.com, then click on the Lakes, then on tourist services. There is an extensive list of services with the emails. This might offer more accurate information.

San Carlos de...
Level Contributor
3 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please help with itinerary in Bariloche

Hi NYWanderer!

I manage a Hotel in Bariloche and just double checked that for this year most of the tours are running all year round including the holidays.

If you already have hotel reservations, their front desk will be willing to help you with tour arrangements or recommend the travel agent they usually work with. Otherwise I can refer you to TURISUR (visit their site or FB page), they run a daily boat trip to Isla Victoria (in peak season even 4 times a day) and they also provide Land tour reservations for the other tours on your wish list.

If you drive shift cars I can also recommend renting a car and visiting Circuito Chico the morning before taking the boat to Isla Victoria at 2pm, and also driving through the seven lake circuit at your own pace.

You can also take a peak at Bariloche´s official Site barilocheturismo.gob.ar/turismo/alta-gama/ for extra tips. Feel free to write me back for further info

Sincerely

Sol

New York
Level Contributor
76 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please help with itinerary in Bariloche

Thank you both for getting back to me. Would love to rent a car but none of us is willing to drive.

We have been advised by our hotel not to book too far in advance because we should have a weather report before we decide which day to go to Tronador. Do you agree or are we risking being closed out?

We have also been advised to do the Long Circuit one day and the Short Circuit in the morning and the trip to Victoria Island the other day. Does this sound like the best way to get an overview of the area?

We have been reading the various sites and the guide books but have still been confused. Your input is much appreciated!!!

Thanks.

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
11,647 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please help with itinerary in Bariloche

I would begin the Seven Lakes Drive as early as possible since it is a long day and you will want to make a number of photo op stops. Villa Angostura is lovely and if you make it to San Martin de los Andes then plan your lunch there. The town is lovely with so many chocolate shops.

The short circuit is quite small, but there are some lovely easy flat trekking areas along the way which are quite nice.

The lake cruise is very nice and you will break it up with a lunch. Nice relaxing day.

Driving is quite easy in the Bariloche area. On many of the roads outside of town then sometimes you see very few cars.

Milano
Level Contributor
5 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Please help with itinerary in Bariloche

We are just come back from an individual 3 weeks tour in Argentina.

For your Argentina Destination, I definitely recommend SAY HUEQUE, it's an indipendente travel agency in Buenos Aires managed by young an professional people. They can assist you about itinerary, cheap national flights, accomodations and so on. From the first contact by email you'll can feel they are very high qualified and their most unique quality is that they can provide a very friendly service, with lots of tips about such place you need.

6. Re: Please help with itinerary in Bariloche

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2014, 07:21
Get answers to your questions about San Carlos de Bariloche