We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mariposa (Butterfly) Reataurant

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Venice, Siesta Key
Level Contributor
10,667 posts
159 reviews
Save Topic
Mariposa (Butterfly) Reataurant

Hola.

I will be staying at the Cacique Inacayal for 3 nights and would like to have 1 really nice dinner while I am in Bariloche.

The Butterfly is the top rated place on the TA ratings, so I am thinking this is the place to go.

How far is it from the Cacique? If not close by, how much $$ in a cab fare?

How far is the hotel from the Llao Llao Resort? I am going there for high tea.

If anyone has a better suggestion for the "dinner especiale" that would be great too.

Gracias!

~SRQchica (really a senora)

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
11,518 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mariposa (Butterfly) Reataurant

Butterfly is excellent and you will not be disappointed. My friends ate there last month at my suggestion and they loved it. They were on their honeymoon.

Your hotel is located near the downtown area. The road along the lake is called Ave Bustillo and the numbering system for the buildings start in the downtown at 0KM.

Butterfly is located at around 8KM and the LlaoLlao hotel is located around 25KM. This is the distance in kilometers. There are frequent buses which run along Bustillo and of course taxi service.

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,667 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mariposa (Butterfly) Reataurant

Thank you!

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
2,281 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mariposa (Butterfly) Reataurant

I was under the impression that Butterfly had closed.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
2,281 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mariposa (Butterfly) Reataurant

Maybe is was sold.... is Ed still the Chef...??? I say again, I had received information that the two original & founding partners had exited the business. I will contact them for clarification. The website seems odd and not updated, with none of the previous information, so something is indeed going on.

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,667 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mariposa (Butterfly) Reataurant

Well, I will be going to the Llao Llao for high tea on my free day so I guess it all worked out for the best.

If in fact La Mariposa is closed, someone should put that on the TA reviews..

Gracias!

Are you a gaucho???? ;-)

~SRQchica

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
2,281 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mariposa (Butterfly) Reataurant

Hello SRQGirl....

To answer your question, no, Im not a Gaucho. That is just a handle or screen name I use on various Internet Boards that I participate in.

Mariposa is not closed, it was sold to new owners/management but its still open for business. I wish I could edit my above posts but TA does not allow that.

7. Re: Mariposa (Butterfly) Reataurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 February 2015, 05:25