We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which is Best route to travel from Puerto Montt to Bariloche

Which San Carlos de Bariloche hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
California
Level Contributor
230 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Which is Best route to travel from Puerto Montt to Bariloche

For planning purposes, would like any recommendations as to best route to travel to San Carlos de Bariloche. My husband & I plan to fly from Santiago, Chile to Puerto Montt and then travel on to Bariloche without having to go to BA next OCT & NOV 2015. Which is the best method to travel on to Bariloche from Puerto Montt. I understand there is a 2-day cruise on Cruce Andino from Puerto Varas to Bariloche with an overnight at Hotel Peulla option. Is it best to purchase this in Santiago at a travel agency, or try booking online? Or, is there a more direct route from PM to Bariloche? Thanks

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
11,393 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which is Best route to travel from Puerto Montt to Bariloche

Have a look at www.ruta0.com for road planning purposes. If you are planning on renting a car in Chile, then this website will offer the best selections of roads. There are few if any one way rentals so you would need to return the car to Puerto Montt. The bus will travel the same route via Villa Angostura to Bariloche.

The cruise is a nice adventure and offers some lovely views of the Andes and a nice way to arrive at Bariloche.

You can book the cruise on line.

California
Level Contributor
230 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which is Best route to travel from Puerto Montt to Bariloche

Thank you RicardoBA. I was did not want to rent a car in Chile and then return to Chile, but instead wanted to wait until we get to Bariloche. Are there buses that can take us from PM to Bariloche? Thanks again.

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
11,393 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which is Best route to travel from Puerto Montt to Bariloche

Yes, there are buses doing this route and easily booked when you are in Puerto Montt. Have a look at www.plataforma10.com/en-US for schedules.

California
Level Contributor
230 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which is Best route to travel from Puerto Montt to Bariloche

OK. Thanks.

5. Re: Which is Best route to travel from Puerto Montt to Bariloche

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2015, 05:16