We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aguas termales in patagonia

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
46 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Aguas termales in patagonia

Are there any nice hot springs spas or resorts in the Bariloche area? We would be willing to drive a few hours if need be. Thanks!

Bariloche
Level Contributor
604 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aguas termales in patagonia

the closest hot springs from Bariloche is Termas de Puyehue, on the chilean side...leaving early in the morning takes about 2 hours drive, crossing the border..options are Hotel termas de Puyehue, where you can have a good lunch...or the popular Aguas Calientes a camp site with open pools.

Try Termas de Puyehue Hotel, is much better, and if it rains, which normally does they have indoor pools

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
3,998 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Aguas termales in patagonia

alec took my words!! I was going to suggest the same, exact thing!! The termas de Puyehue are great! and the Puyehue hotel is very nice, also. And, it does rain a lot, but not so much in the summer.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
46 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aguas termales in patagonia

Alec and Ilana:

Thanks for your suggestions - we are definitely going there; it sounds wonderful!

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,497 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aguas termales in patagonia

Third on Aguas Calientes or Puyehue, but book in advance, the hotels are often both fully booked.

us
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Aguas termales in patagonia

How do you get from Bariloche to Termas de Puyehue? One of the replies to this post said it was 2 hours-is that correct?

San Carlos de...
Level Contributor
1,018 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Aguas termales in patagonia

About 2 hours, be sure your rental car has proper paperwork to enter Chile!

PUERTO VARAS
Level Contributor
128 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Aguas termales in patagonia

termas de puyehue has all inclusive system now .and the main indoor pool was rebuilding recently, and part of the hotel too.you can buy a ticket for a day.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
3,624 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Aguas termales in patagonia

If you're going to rent a car, I highly recommend Even Rent a Car:

www.evenrentacar.com.ar

I rented from them just a few weeks ago -- the service was exceptional -- and the car will come with the necessary papers to drive into Chile.

9. Re: Aguas termales in patagonia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2009, 12:22