We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Minitrekking in Perito Moreno Glacier

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
92 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Minitrekking in Perito Moreno Glacier

I'm planning to spend three days in El Calafate in november and one of the days I'd love to do the minitrekking on the Perito Moreno glacier. The Lonely Planet recommends booking well ahead, but a lot of people on this forum are saying that you can book the previous day. Does anyone have any recent experience of this?

Thanks!

Teresa

Puerto...
Level Contributor
51 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Minitrekking in Perito Moreno Glacier

Teresa there're three friends now in calafate and today book the tour for tomorrow, the real problem is if you're arriving Calafate in Summer that is crawded, untill that date don't worry about booking it before, and I'd suggest big ice experience that is a similar trekking but going into the heart of the glaciar, and has no difference in difficulty, check www.calafate.gov.ar tours/excursiones

K.R

Enjoy it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
3,998 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Minitrekking in Perito Moreno Glacier

I think it's ok to book when you arrive.

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
92 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Minitrekking in Perito Moreno Glacier

Thanks guys! Whales, the link you posted doesn't work...

Is the difference between the Big Ice and the Minitrekking just the lenght of it? On Hielo y Aventura's website it says that you need to be fitter for the Big Ice. I tend to do a lot of walking and trekking, but I don't think of myself as really fit. I'm just of regular/ok fitness really... is the Big Ice physically demanding?

Thanks!

Teresa

Bariloche
Level Contributor
604 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Minitrekking in Perito Moreno Glacier

Teresa...better to book the minitrek in advance, this program is a highlight in Calafate, and it´s getting difficult to get a chance the previous day..

Big Ice, is a different thing...people over 45 yrs is restricted to do it, by the company policy...even though, I know people in the 50´s that have done it...even smokers

You need to be in good conditions phisically

5. Re: Minitrekking in Perito Moreno Glacier

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2009, 06:32