We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

November suggestions, B.A, Iguazu, El Calefete

Which El Calafate hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ejs
california
Level Contributor
113 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
November suggestions, B.A, Iguazu, El Calefete

I am going in November with another couple for around 10 to 14 days. Hopefully the weather will have warmed up as I do not know what to pack. My plan was to spend a night in Iguazu to see the falls, fly to El Calafete and need to figure out how many nights to spend (and how far it is to go to El Chalten for a night). I will spend the rest of the time in B.A.

I assume that in El Calafete with 4 of us it may make sense to rent a car. Assuming the weather will allow the all day Big Ice Trek , and the all glaciers boat tour the next day so no one has to walk again.

If I do not do anything else that would be 2 nights or should I add time for El Chalten while I am there? I understand that it is a 2 hours away.

I do not have anything booked yet and need to start booking airfare. Just looking for suggestions or someone who had a similar successful itinerary.

Bariloche
Level Contributor
604 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: November suggestions, B.A, Iguazu, El Calefete

yes, rent a car and drive to Chalten ...220 km ( takes 3 hours)...spend at least 1 full day/in 2 nights

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
3,998 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: November suggestions, B.A, Iguazu, El Calefete

well maybe another day in El Calafate before going to El Chalten... that way you can go to Estancia Cristina also which is so amazing!!!!! have fun!!

3. Re: November suggestions, B.A, Iguazu, El Calefete

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2009, 20:18