We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spirit of the Glaciers

Which El Calafate hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Texas
Level Contributor
30 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Spirit of the Glaciers

Dear Readers,

Has anyone had a recent experience with MarPatag cruises? Is this more interesting than the Todos Los Glaciers tour? I am trying to figure out what to do in Calafate and the choices seem to be - Todos Los Galciers, MarPatag and Mini trekking/The Big Ice. I welcome suggestions and comments! I will have only 2 1/2 days in Calafate and would like to go horseback riding on my last 1/2 day.

Hucky

New Jersey
Level Contributor
159 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Spirit of the Glaciers

We also have 2 1/2 days in El Calafate, and our plan is to do the Todos Los Glaciares on Day-1, which is all day, Mini-trekking on Perito Mereno on Day-2, again all day, and the third half-day we are going out to an Estancia Nibepo Aike where we can see some sheep shearing, eat Patagonian lamb, ride horses and walk around Lago Roca.

The MarPatag cruises are switching to a 3-day-2-night cruise starting Dec.18, so you may not even have enough time to do it, plus it takes away from other opportunities/

2. Re: Spirit of the Glaciers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 March 2010, 04:44