We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights from Buenas Aires to El Calafate with LAN

Which El Calafate hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
1 post
Save Topic
Flights from Buenas Aires to El Calafate with LAN

I'll be traveling to Argentina in the next few weeks and are looking at booking flights from BA to el calafate through LAN's website. My plan was to book the tickets through the Argentinian site rather than the international site as the flights are much cheaper. The only thing is that when I go to book the tickets, there is a notification saying that these tickets are for Argentinian residents and that documentation will be checked on boarding.

I know other people (non residents) who have done this in the past and had no problems but am wondering if things have changed. Does anyone know?

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
11,393 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights from Buenas Aires to El Calafate with LAN

The dual pricing of airtickets for flights within Argentina has been in place for many years since the devaluation of the currency.

In order to book an Argentine ticket then you must have an Argentine DNI resident identification number. If you do not have this and they catch you then you would have to pay the difference between the resident and non resident in the ticket price as of that day.

Edited: 18 December 2013, 15:16
Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
10,342 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights from Buenas Aires to El Calafate with LAN

You may be confusing the possibility you mention with booking on the Chilean site for flights in Chile. LAN has different policies in different countries. In Argentina it is not up to the airline but is a government policy. Fares bought in Argentina are subject to the same limitations. In Chile there is no resident fare vs foreign visitor fare, but it is not always possible to book on the Chilean site. Some manage it, most don't. Tickets sold in Chile are the same price for all. In Perú there is a non-resident surcharge on tickets. I believe this only applies to LAN and not other airlines.

3. Re: Flights from Buenas Aires to El Calafate with LAN

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 December 2014, 06:18