We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arriving by bus question

usa
Level Contributor
2,021 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Arriving by bus question

If I arrive by bus from Puerto Natales, and I want to take a taxi to get to hotel, what is the easiest solution to getting Argentine Pesos? I could not find information on any ATM at the bus terminal.

Do the taxi drivers take USD?

Mentioned in this post
Puerto Natales
Puerto Natales
Magallanes Region, Chile
Los Ponchos Apart Boutique
Los Ponchos Apart Boutique
#2 of 68 hotels in El Calafate
Miyazato Inn
Miyazato Inn
#5 of 68 hotels in El Calafate
Linda Vista Apart Hotel
Linda Vista Apart Hotel
#7 of 68 hotels in El Calafate
Mendoza, Argentina
Level Contributor
1,461 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arriving by bus question

Do not knoiw, probably yes.

The other solution is to run into the hotel and get the receptionist to change some money for you, as all the hotels in El Calafgate do a middle Exchange, about 7.50 pesos to the dollar. The taxi drivers here are pretty mellow (I am waiting for my bus to leave Calafate now).

Mentioned in this post
Calafate Hostel
Calafate Hostel
377 Reviews
El Calafate, Argentina
2. Re: Arriving by bus question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 December 2014, 05:17