We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Calafate - August

Gold Coast Australia
Level Contributor
81 posts
516 reviews
Save Topic
El Calafate - August

Has anyone been to El Calafate at the beginning of August. (I don't have a choice on that time) I know it will be very cold, but would like to know if the bus still runs out to the Merino glacier. Do the walkways remain open. Does the boat trip to the front of the glacier operate. Appreciate some help. I have sent off heaps of emails, but cannot get a reply.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: El Calafate - August

I am planning my trip to Calafate for August too. Please any help, tips recommendations quite welcome!!! Would it be better to go in October? Or January?

Edited: 24 March 2014, 03:22
Córdoba
Level Contributor
583 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: El Calafate - August

In winter in El Calafate (July/August) the normal excursions keep on operating like the excursion to Perito Moreno, Balcon del Calafate or Cerro Frías. But is is out of season and can be very cold. Also because of bad weather conditions excursions can be cancelled. Best period to visit the region is October till April.

3. Re: El Calafate - August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 March 2015, 04:15