We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Calafate and Chalten…avoid the Xmas holiday?

Which El Calafate hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kansas City
Level Contributor
40 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Calafate and Chalten…avoid the Xmas holiday?

I'm starting to plan a 14 day trip to Calafate and Chalten, with day-trip excursions to Torres del Plaine and other spots from each of these locations. This will be our first time to Patagonia. For my job, it would be better to travel around December 19 - Jan 10, but I hate the idea of losing what little time I have there to Christmas and New Year closings. Alternatively, we could arrive Jan 1 in Calafate and leave around the 16th. This is a bit more difficult in terms of my job, but not impossible. Anybody have any advice about this? Am I correct in assuming that opportunities for excursions, visits to national parks, etc., will be closed down December 24-25 and December 31-Jan 1 -- as they are here in the U.S.A.? - Thanks in advance...

1. Re: Calafate and Chalten…avoid the Xmas holiday?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 April 2015, 06:16