We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bus to glacier

london
14 posts
Save Topic
bus to glacier

can anyone tell me the bus times from el calafate to the glacier perito moreno,i understand interlagos and tasqa are the companies involved. we arrive in calafate at about 11.00 am on february 11th is there an afternoon departure returning in the evening

many thanks

Bariloche
Level Contributor
604 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bus to glacier

enjoy the morning at the Glacier...during february afternoons that place might be a Zoo on a sunday afternoon, too crowded.

If you can, go at dawn..no people at all, and take the 8.30 departure boat to do the minitrek.

Rent a car, or hire a private car service for the day.

San Luis Obispo, CA
Level Contributor
237 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: bus to glacier

We were in El Calafate last December and this was the schedule then.

There are 2 buses(from bus station) to and from the Moreno Glacier daily. Going to-9AM and 1PM-Returning-4PM and 8PM, cost 60 pesos RT. Park entry is 30 pesos per person. We took the 9AM and arrived about 11 or so, took our first look at the glacier, I would recommend bringing a picnic lunch, then the bus will take you to the boat dock at 12:00 (optional and no additional cost) to ride the boat in front of the glacier, cost is 38 pesos and boats go at 10:30, 11:30, 12:30 1:30, 2:30 , 4:00 and 5:00. The bus then takes you back to the glacier and you have a couple more hours before returning to El Calafate

london
14 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: bus to glacier

thanks guy ,thats a great help

dont fancy being there when hordes of people are everywhere

i'll go first thing monday morning

4. Re: bus to glacier

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2009, 07:20