We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transportation from punta arenas to ushuaia

Novato, California
Level Contributor
3 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
transportation from punta arenas to ushuaia

Why can't I find any good answers on how to get to Ushuaia from Punta Arenas? Do you have to take two ferry's? I see you need to take a ferry from Punta Arenas to Puerto Provenir but then how do you get to Ushuaia?

Scunthorpe, United...
Level Contributor
3,583 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: transportation from punta arenas to ushuaia

Have a look at this thread which may answer your questions.

tripadvisor.in/ShowTopic-g312855-i6870-k3630…

Edited: 16 February 2011, 11:36
Novato, California
Level Contributor
3 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transportation from punta arenas to ushuaia

I appreciate your quick response but I have already looked at that thread and it's useless information. Number one it's old, the Ushuaia website is only in Spanish. although it says you can get to Puerto Provenir from Punta Arenas there is no information on how you get from Puerto Provenir to Ushuaia. Sad that there isn't more current information. I did contact one of the bus companies and it seems it takes 12 hours to get from Punta Arenas to Ushuaia via bus.

Thanks anyway

London, United...
Level Contributor
870 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: transportation from punta arenas to ushuaia

Arenas - Rio Gallegos by bus and then onto Ushuaia.

Arenas - Gallegos isn't a long journey, under 5 hours. Gallegos to Ushuaia is a fair journey.

Have a look at Via Bariloche or Andesmar for bus companies.

Distances are vast so buses will take a bit of time.

CT
Level Contributor
72 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: transportation from punta arenas to ushuaia

If you managed to find something, can you share it? Thought we were all set, but our plans for next March have changed again. Thinking of just renting a car ourselves in PA and driving down and back.

http://maps.nokia.com/#|-53.9436789|-68.1100416|8|0|0|normal.day

Going to check with the hotel we plan on staying at down there for their opinion, but if anyone has done this drive can you let me know how you made out? Thanks.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
219 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: transportation from punta arenas to ushuaia

I have not been to either place, but I have read about wonderful (but very expensive) cruises between Puerto Arena and Ushuaia that take about 3-4 days. There also may be ferry service, but I could be wrong on that. Lonely Planet has the cruise info, and I have seen it on Trip Advisor as well.

6. Re: transportation from punta arenas to ushuaia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 November 2012, 05:18