We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Season to visit Ushuaia?

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
55 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Best Season to visit Ushuaia?

Hello:

I just learned last night that my girlfriend would like to take a trip to the Patagonia. So I thought of Ushuaia based on what I've read; it sounds like a magical lil' town. Here's the question..... When is the best time to visit? We're planning to go by the 2nd half of June or maybe even August; but the likely date seems like mid-June for now since August might be too close to our Kenya safari.

Anyway, I understand winter will be in full swing by next month correct? If so, would there be any problem with tours departing? I see that most readers are saying to book on-site and that has usually worked for me in other parts of the world so I think I'll do that, only after I pay a visit to Wow Argentina online.

Now, another important question.... When we arrive in B.A., can we fly to Ushuaia from EZE airport or AEP airport? And, what is the closest airport to Ushuaia? Transportation is my main concern since we have limited time; as we are not on regular scheduled vacations from work but rather taking a couple of extra days off to do this quick trip from Miami. Thanks for any good feedback!!!

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,954 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Season to visit Ushuaia?

The airport is only a few kilometres, if that, from Ushuaia. You normally fly from AEP.

That's a lot of flying for a couple of days in Ushuaia!

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
11,549 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Season to visit Ushuaia?

The best Season for visiting Ushuaia is in Summer(December,January,February).

If you go in Winter(June-Aug) then you are limiting your sightseeing with the cold weather.

Have a look at www.welcomeargentina.com, www.interpatagonia.com for some ideas.

Flights to Ushuaia airport(USH) from Buenos Aires can depart from either(EZE or AEP). Most flights are going through AEP which is the downtown airport.

Have fun with your holiday planning.

3. Re: Best Season to visit Ushuaia?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 05:17