We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which side of the plane for best views?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
153 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Which side of the plane for best views?

Hi all,

Yes I know this seems like a frivolous question, but I do seem to recall reading somewhere that one side or the other of the plane on the flight into (or out of) Ushuaia gave fantastic views over the mountains. I have the option to choose which side of the plane I want to sit, so thought I'd make the most of it.

If anyone has any ideas lease let me know. Thanks

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
365 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which side of the plane for best views?

I was on the right side of the plane in a window seat coming from El Calafate into Ushuaia and got some stunning photos of the mountains. Leaving Ushuaia for Buenos Aires I was still on the right and had a few nice photos of the coast, but the left side would give you better views of the mountains when flying out.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
153 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which side of the plane for best views?

woohoo Thanks hummingbird! Thats exactly what I needed to know :)

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,125 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which side of the plane for best views?

Planes land into the wind, so choosing seats on a particular side may or may not work. Winds change.

Some areas have winds that are usually from a particular direction, "prevailing winds", but I don't know if that's the case for Ushuaia.

Just wing it.

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,769 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which side of the plane for best views?

I agree with 3. And I think you'll get good views whichever side you choose.

5. Re: Which side of the plane for best views?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2012, 10:21