We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

resturant

Punakaiki, New...
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
resturant

Hi - what are the options for eating out - will have a car so can move around, any recommendations - looking for good food - fish.

thanks

kurrajong
Destination Expert
for Samoa
Level Contributor
835 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: resturant

hi

its great having a car in samoa, its easy to drive around ( nice and slowly ) and exploring at your own pace.

are you staying on upolu or going to savaii as well

here are some favourites on upolu-

in town - bistro tautau ( fancy and bit pricely but if your wanting to hve a really lavish special meal its nice)

- giordanos pizza ( nice relaxed garden setting with lovely pizzas/ pasta and salads)

- paddles - nice waterfrount resturant beautiful food and nice coffee

- sydney side cafe - great coffee and food ( cafe style right in town)

- then its very accepted to resort hop and drop into resorts for meals.

- sinalei resort - amazing resort great food beautiful location, you cant bring kids under 12yrs here, you can swim ( not in the pool) but jump off the jetty into the freshwater spring in the ocean at the end of the jetty - heaps of fun! there will be fresh seafood on the menu.

- seabreeze resort ( should be reopened in june / july) delicious food. and check out the newly rebuilt resort.

-curry house( just out of town in a great cheap curry resturant , on cross islan road, across from manumea resort)

- between the resorts of sinalei and cocnuts is a little local place called Lupes - drive into coconuts driveway and you will see lupes on the left, its amazing right on the water with fresh food, fresh sashimi ( we got a whole plate for $18 tala!! so cheap and fresh, very relaxing place)

there's so many places i have just listed a few of my favourites, hope you enjoy your stay

sue

Wellington
Level Contributor
347 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: resturant

We found the food at Vai Moana at the NorthWest corner of Savai'i to be way above average, and some of the consistently nicest food we ate anywhere in Samoa.

Some of the resorts at Manase Beach had pretty good restaurants. Nothing I'd make a special trip for, though. There is a restaurant

Woolgoolga...
Destination Expert
for Apia, Samoa
Level Contributor
3,868 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: resturant

Malo lava

If you're in Apia you can't go past Gourmet Seafood and Grill at the main international wharf, they do the best (and biggest) fresh fish, salad and chips for 13 tala. Across the road is the Moana Blue floating restaurant, very reasonably priced, great view on a boat just moored in the harbour and a huge fishermans basket. Then there's Sails and Apia Yacht Club at the other end of the harbour on Mulinuu Peninsula. If you're in town on a Wednesday night go to Aggie Grey's FiaFia night - huge all you can eat buffet of traditional Samoan food.

On Savaii you must try Savaii Lagoon Resort, the restaurant has been totally revamped, the food great + you can eat right on the beach, relaxing under the stars and listening to the waves roll over the reef, they do the best smoked fish I've ever eaten. Le Lagoto next door is good and reasonably priced as well. If you're in Salelologa try Jet Over Hotel's restaurant, good food, amazing view and great prices. Vaisala Hotel at Vaisala Bay has excellent lobster as well.

Hope this helps. Have a wonderful time discovering this beautiful country.

Fa soifua

Deb

Sydney
Level Contributor
351 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: resturant

I'd have to 2nd the opinion on Giordano's and highly recommend the blue cheese pizza and olive tapenade.

Amanaki Hotel restaurant and Apia Yacht club are also very good and on the same street (Sogi, Apia along the sea wall)

And I'd recommend Elava for Indian over the Curry House, their choices are more varied, servings are larger, prices are cheaper and their naan is the best.

5. Re: resturant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 08:19
Get answers to your questions about Savai'i
More Savai'i Topics