We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomodation in Savaii

Christchurch, New...
1 post
Save Topic
Accomodation in Savaii

Can anyone help!!

Im travelling from Christchurch to Samoa for the first time next week with my 3 children who are 14,11 and 18months. Excited!!! (cant wait to escape the shakes for a bit!)

We are staying the first 5 nights at VirginCove.Then would like to travel to Savaii and stay somewhere right on a beautiful gentle beach with reasonably clean fales, a toilet and shower attached or very close would be a bonus with the kids plus im 30weeks pregnant.

Good foods a bonus too! I have looked at Lauiula,Vacations and Janes but can't make a decision..Can anyone please help??

Think we will then stay a couple of nights at Taufua after being at Savaii before heading home we are in Samoa for 12 days,

Any tips/advise would be gratefully received!

Thanks x

Woolgoolga...
Destination Expert
for Apia, Samoa
Level Contributor
3,939 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accomodation in Savaii

Malo lava sahni

Sounds like a great trip but you'll definitely have your hands full with 3 kids and one on the way. Samoans love children and are more than willing to baby sit and Samoan kids love to play (the old fashioned way - no computers, phones etc) so I'm sure your kids will love it 2.

The choices on Savaii you've mentioned are all great. I think Janes are the only one that have enclosed fales with ensuites at Manase Beach. Have a look at Tanu Beach Fales as well. They are all on the same stretch of the beach, which is quite tranquil and inviting, you don't get any high seas. Also have a look at Va-i-Moana Seaside Lodge, they do have enclosed fales and ensuite and are also on the beach at Asau which is in the north of the island. Lauiula at Lano Beach is great too, just a little less crowded than Manase. Taufua us also an excellent choice.

You've chosen well, now it's just a matter of making a decision. If you want to be with crowds go to Manase, if you want a little quiet time then try Va-i-Moana or Lauiula.

As it's high tourist season I'd try and book before you go, you wouldn't want to find yourself and the kids stranded, it does get very busy on Savaii as well.

Hope this helps, any more questions fire away.

Manuia le aso

Deb

Christchurch
Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accomodation in Savaii

If you are looking for fales at Manase we stayed at Tailua Beach Fales which are between Tana and Janes.There is only 6 right on beach with grass underneath.Two toilets and shower blocks shared.Meals include breakfast and dinner at night which were lovely and varied.Orginally booked at Tana and had a fale in the middle (like in a school playground) and the food was very average.Left after 1 night and really enjoyed at Tailua Fales.I do have ph.number

3. Re: Accomodation in Savaii

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Savai'i
Recent Conversations
More Savai'i Topics