We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

getting back to ferry from asau

New Zealand
2 posts
Save Topic
getting back to ferry from asau

hello... whats the best way to get from the vaimoana in asau, to the ferry. from what i can tell online there is a buses that leave between 0300 and 0500, but is there another way that can get us back at a slightly more friendly hour. cheers deb

Woolgoolga...
Destination Expert
for Apia, Samoa
Level Contributor
3,894 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: getting back to ferry from asau

Malo lava Deb

I assume you're getting the 6am ferry back to Upolu, hence the early start? Unless you hire a car or get a taxi,or unless Sale or Rosie (the owners of Va-i-moana) are willing to take you in or their are other guests catching the same boat then, unfortunately, no - it's about the only way you'll get there.

How long are you staying? Chances are that you might meet some other guests with a car who are willing to run you in. Do you necessarily have to catch that early a ferry, ie is it to catch a plane? If that is the case you wisest move is to stay on Upolu for the last night, much easier and less rushed. Check out Airport Lodge, it's clean, comfortable, has decent food, air con and hot water and is 10 mins from the airport. If you're aren't getting a plane then I suggest you look at getting a later ferry.

I'd also email Sale and Rosie and see what suggestions they have.

Hope this helps, let me know how you go.

Manuia le aso

Deb

New Zealand
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: getting back to ferry from asau

many thanks. we are aiming for a midday ferry but not sure the cheapest way to get back. assumed buses would be the best but can only find early schedules on the net. thought id get the heads up but will leave it until we get there and sort from there. thanks for your reply. cheers deb

pacific
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: getting back to ferry from asau

there is a bit of info around buses and timetables on this savaii info website www.savaii.info which is a great initiative by a local savaii association! hope it gives you some pointers (I believe Asau has been placed under "sunset coast" description- look up transport)

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: getting back to ferry from asau

Malo lava

I definitely wouldn't rely on the bus service on Savai'i! Very unpredictable indeed. I would arrange a taxi. Might cost you a little more, but will give you peace of mind which is important whilst on holiday!

Fa soifua

Tina

5. Re: getting back to ferry from asau

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 12:17
Get answers to your questions about Savai'i
Recent Conversations
More Savai'i Topics