We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get to Siufaga beach resort

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
58 posts
115 reviews
Save Topic
How to get to Siufaga beach resort

We have been quoted NZ 120 for a return journey for two from Salelologa Wharf to Siufaga resort. This seems very expensive. Are there other transport options.

Palmerston North...
Level Contributor
498 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get to Siufaga beach resort

We (3 adults) are staying at Va I Moana at the opposite end and corner of the island from the wharf and they arranged for a taxi driver to pick us up from wharf (with our name on a sign) take us to 4 sites along the south coast (stopping for as long as we like) before dropping us at Va I Moana and that is costing us $110 NZD for 3 adults 1 way. <--- maybe this will help you better decided if what you are getting is value for money.

If it was me I would find out the bus time table and catch the bus or ask a taxi driver on the day how much they will charge you from A-B it may be cheaper. Make sure you agree and shake on the price before you get in the car (I read that somewhere and it has stuck hehe)

Enjoy your trip.

-Jess

Palmerston North...
Level Contributor
498 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get to Siufaga beach resort

I just had a look on the Siufaga website, it says 20 Tala (approx $11 nzd) from the resort to Salelologa township for a taxi, which is only a few minutes by car to the wharf or a 10-15 minute walk (going by what iv'e found online). So after reading that I wouldn't expect to pay any more then maybe 20nzd each way.

But we don't leave until next month so I can't give you anything accurate to go by sorry.

Woolgoolga...
Destination Expert
for Apia, Samoa
Level Contributor
3,984 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get to Siufaga beach resort

Malo lava

Who quoted you that price? It shouldn't have been quoted in NZ$ anyway. To get to Siufaga from Salelologa shouldn't cost more than 70 tala at the most. As Jess said check with a few taxi drivers (there's always heaps waiting when the ferry docks), take the cheapest price, shake on it and pay before you set off.

Have you checked to see if Siufaga has a pick up service? If they do get a price from them and weigh that up against the 70 tala a taxi would cost.

Manuia le aso

Deb

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
58 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to get to Siufaga beach resort

Thanks. Obviously we will not be Prepaying for transport and will get a bus or taxi on the day.

Woolgoolga...
Destination Expert
for Apia, Samoa
Level Contributor
3,984 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to get to Siufaga beach resort

Malo lava

Consider the amount of luggage you have if you're thinking of getting a bus, overcrowded is an extreme understatement when it comes to Samoan buses particularly when they are waiting for a ferry docking. Apart from people sitting in each others laps, hanging out doors and windows and a variety of animals hitching a ride the luggage compartment can contain everything including the kitchen sink particularly if it's a bus near the end of the day.

Taxi is the best option especially since it's you're first time and you don't know where you're going. Compared to Aussie/NZ cab prices Samoan fares are a pittance, 70 tala wouldn't get me a return trip to my local shops here (about 7kms) and in Samoa it covers a 20-30 min ride. Alternatively ask Siufaga about a transfer service.

Manuia le aso

Deb

6. Re: How to get to Siufaga beach resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2014, 07:19
Get answers to your questions about Savai'i
Recent Conversations
More Savai'i Topics