We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rental car on Savaii

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
78 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
rental car on Savaii

Just wondering if anyone can advise who is the best company to rent a car thru on Savaii.for a week in July...have emailed Jetover twice and had no reply so am getting a bit worried that they are maybe not the best to deal with.Should I just get a car on Upolu and take it across on the ferry?Seems rental car co's are better on Uplou (although will have the extra cost of the ferry for the car)Peace of mind perhaps is worth it instead of waiting for Jetover? suggestions welcome

Kawerau, New Zealand
Level Contributor
506 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: rental car on Savaii

I have found jetover normally quite prompt. but could be busy with Xmas stuff. did you email to the hotel -info@jetoverhotel.com or to the rental car lady direct? You could try Salafai car rental or try phoning jetover (685) 515 65.

Depends if you are going in to Apia , or catching the ferry direct to savaii and what time you arrive on Savaii etc if you are staying only on Savaii it might be easier to rent there in case you have any hassles with the car? But there are definitely more choices in Apia - Jetover car rentals actually have an office in Apia also but I dont know there contact details. i would make a decision based on time frames and budget.

Woolgoolga...
Destination Expert
for Apia, Samoa
Level Contributor
3,997 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: rental car on Savaii

Malo lava Margarete

amysmums right, being Christmas rental companies are flat out but you should receive a reply within a couple of days. Marking an email ***URGENT**** generally gets a very quick response.

Let us know how you go.

Manuia le aso

Deb

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
78 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: rental car on Savaii

Thanks everyone...I'll sit tight for a bit longer then.

11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: rental car on Savaii

Hi Guys

this is the site for Salafai car rentals who I have found very good in the past

http://www.salafairentals.com/

It is always best to follow an email up with a phonecall as they have trouble with internet I believe from time to time:)

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
78 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: rental car on Savaii

Thanks ...have decided to bring a car over from Upolo

6. Re: rental car on Savaii

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 June 2015, 12:15
Get answers to your questions about Savai'i
Recent Conversations
More Savai'i Topics