We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather

Papamoa, New Zealand
Level Contributor
95 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
weather

How is the weather on Savai'i currently? We are due there next week and the weather forecast shows rain and thunderstorms- not what we were hoping for!

Woolgoolga...
Destination Expert
for Apia, Samoa
Level Contributor
4,085 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather

There's almost always rain and thunderstorms predicted for Savaii. They are brief downpours so I wouldn't worry too much as they won't ruin your holiday.

Hopefully someone who's in Savaii will come on and let you know exactly what it's like at the moment.

Deb

Apia
Level Contributor
118 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: weather

Just came back from Savaii and I fully agree with Deb. They always forecast rain and indeed somewhere in Savaii there will be rain, most likely high up in the mountains. Same with Upolu. Some times we have no rain in the coastal areas for weeks, but when we look (especially) at the TV NZ weather report, there are always rain and thunderstorm announced for Samoa. Their forecast does not focus to the populated places but refers to the island as a whole.

Don't worry. Weather is fine and an occasional brief shower only comes as a blessing.

Papamoa, New Zealand
Level Contributor
95 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather

Yay thanks!!! just what I wanted to hear!!!

4. Re: weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2016, 01:15
Get answers to your questions about Savai'i
Recent Conversations
More Savai'i Topics