We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taufua Beach fales

christchurch
11 posts
Save Topic
Taufua Beach fales

Wondering if those that have stayed here could comment on the self contained fale. I would love a loo but don't want to sleep next to the block of loos!

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taufua Beach fales

Talofa!

I've been to Taufua several times, and the fale with the loo and shower inside are great. There are only two of them, so you definitely need to book early.

I don't know where you got the idea that you sleep next to a block of loos, the ablution block is across the road from the two self contained fale. It's a stone's throw, but I wouldn't say it's right next door!

It's a real convenience to have a loo in your fale, especially for those times when the heat and Vailima (local beer) get to you! :o)

When are you travelling??

Cheers

Tinz

christchurch
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Taufua Beach fales

Hi Tinzaroo

I have booked us to arrive April 20 at 5.20 am. Plan to ferry to Savaii stay maybe Stevensons (or elsewhere Im still hunting) for six nights then back to Taufua for the last six. I wonder is it worth spending a night in Apia? Our flight out is at 1.45am so both arriving and leaving will see us with time in Apia (although we will have our bags to cart around). As to the loos - I get up every night for a visit (childbirth!) so would be great, BUT I don't want my bladder to spoil views. Sounds like they are ok, I am probably mixing up with a photo from another place. Any glimpse of the ocean tho ?

Thanks heaps for your help.

J9

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taufua Beach fales

Malo j9

Bear in mind that the airport is a 50 min drive from Apia. There is nothing really to see out near the airport, apart from the new Aggie Grey's resort a few other properties.

A night in Apia can be worthwhile if you are interested in seeing some of the historic sights such as the Robert Louis Stevenson house. The markets are always fun (I love the markets!) and it's nice to visit a few of the restaurants as well.

Click on my username and find my reviews, there is one of Taufua with photos, plus one of Regina's fales on Savai'i with photos as well.

A glimpse of the ocean at Taufua? Are you kidding me?? The self contained fale is a 10 second walk from the actual sea - right on the beach! There is one row of fale in front of the self contained ones, and you are right there. Beautiful beach - check out my pics! The pic on my username is Lalomanu beach - and that's me in the white lavalava!

I have to get up every night for the loo too ... but mine is more to do with Vailima consumption ... LOL!

There are some good reviews of Stevensons, do a search on Stevensons and you will find them. Another poster, Toglogs, was there very recently and he had a great time there!

Cheers

Tina

christchurch
11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Taufua Beach fales

Hi Tina

Thanks for that, your photos look great. Taufua were holding a self contained for me,so have emailed them to confirm. Hopefully we can hang out there on our last day and get a late transfer to airport. Maybe a night in Apia with the hotel minding our bags til check in would be a good idea. Any suggestions? Stevensons is looking good for Savaii. There is a place with fales on a turtle pond that looks interesting, but wonder about the number of mozzies that may be there.

Cheers

Janine

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taufua Beach fales

Hi there

You will definitely be able to hang out at Taufua on your last day - just talk to Sili and ask him if you can arrange some sort of late checkout, so you can have your dinner there etc. He will also arrange a transfer to the airport for you - no problem at all.

There are many good places in Apia to stay, Aniva's place is good. Clean and tidy, but not expensive like Aggie's or Kitano. Aniva's has a pool and a small bar, and Bob and Aniva are nice people :o) It's basic, but it's close to town and inexpensive.

Stevenson's is good - you will like it there, I'm sure! The other place you're talking about is Satoalepai, where you can visit the ponds and swim with the turtles. Yep they have little fales there over the water, but I haven't stayed there, I've just gone there for the day. You would definitely need to take mozzie repellent with you! Take it anyway - depending on the weather, you will need it. Nothing will marr your days (and nights) quicker than having mozzie bites to scratch!!! lol

Re the ferry to Savai'i, preferably be there an hour before, don't be late! The ferry is the one thing in Samoa that runs very strictly to the timetable! We've missed it on a number of occasions and there's nothing more frustrating than all the passengers on board laughing as it takes off!! Very funny though.

Cheers

Tinz

christchurch
11 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Taufua Beach fales

Hi Again

I have also seen some photos for Satuiatua Beach fales, Savaii they have some overwater (the sea) and look lovely. No bathroom but.... Have you heard anything about this place??

Cheers

Janine

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taufua Beach fales

Malo fo'i

Yep - have been to Satuiatua several times too for day trips. They do great toasted sandwiches there :o)

The fales are basic, like all beach fales, and there is a shower and toilet block that is shared.

The fales are all on the beachfront, and the beach is okay for swimming, if a little rocky. You may need to take reef shoes, but I would recommend those for most of the beaches, just to be safe rather than sorry!

Satuiatua is frequented by a lot of surfers, as the surf out beyond the reef is fast and furious. Definitely recommend it for the experience surfers only! However, the swimming area is well in from the reef and is very calm and pleasant.

There were a lot of shady bits on the beach and it was nice to get out of the hot sun for a bit!

I haven't stayed overnight, but the people who run this place seem nice and friendly, and people we talked to seemed really happy with the price, meals and service.

Hopefully someone who has stayed there may also reply to your post.

Tofa soifua

Tinz

christchurch
11 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Taufua Beach fales

Hi

And thanks again. The most frustrating part now is waiting for e-mails back re bookings. I feel I am annoying these people with my questions! Im sure after a couple of days there i will more relaxed!! I'm hoping for 1st night Anivas, 5 nights Stevensons, Satatuia, or Vasailia honeymoon fale then Taufua for the last 6 nights. Guess whoever gets back to me....

Thanks for your help, I'll let you know where we end up...

Cheers

Janine

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
61 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taufua Beach fales

Hiya j9

Satui'atua was fine, we had a night there in August '06, as Tinz say's its okay for swimming a little rocky (Taufua is much better), snorkelling is good there and is apparently great for surfing ( I don't surf) but some of the young surfer duuudes seemed to like it.

Food - Had better elsewhere, but steer clear of the fried chicken and the fried fish got sent back as it had a foreign body in it ...... Toasted sandwich was good tho...

Fales - Beach front fales, these are similar everywhere, the only overwater/near water was the honeymoon fale, this was fully enclosed and looked rather huge.

Keep away from the big tree over the restaurant area - It drops these fruits (cherry sized) and all night long its bang, bang, bang as the fruit drops.

Still think Virgin Cove is worth considering ...

christchurch
11 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Taufua Beach fales

Hi Avee8or

Thanks for that, I had kind of forgotten about the food aspect, have crossed that place off my list. We will probably end up at Stevensons as it sounds pretty safe.

Cheers

Janine