We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel to Samoa in November

Wollongong...
9 posts
Save Topic
Travel to Samoa in November

I am possibly looking at travelling to Samoa next month (November) for around 7 nights. Looking for a holiday that is relaxing, cultural with a bit of adventure and staying somewhere with a few creature comforts. Just wondering where is the best area to stay and could anyone recommend a place and what is good to see and do?

Thanks in advance

Mentioned in this post
Samoa
Samoa
South Pacific
The Pristine Waters of Uplou
from US$119.70*
Free Cancellation
Full-Day Upolu Food Tour
1 Review
from US$85.79*
Free Cancellation
Half-Day North Coast Savaii Island...
1 Review
from US$62.30*
Free Cancellation
5 replies to this topic
Woolgoolga...
Destination Expert
for Apia, Samoa
Level Contributor
4,250 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel to Samoa in November

Hi

With only 7 days you're best off staying on Upolu and possibly making a day trip to one of the smaller islands like Manono or Namua.

What sort of budget do you have? I'm thinking Aga Reef Resort at Lalomanu, Saletoga Sands and Spa or Sa'Moana Beach Resort. Check it out and see if they are places you might like and if the budget fits. If not I can recommend somewhere else.

Apologies for not answering sooner.

Cheers

Deb

Mentioned in this post
Upolu
Upolu
Samoa
Aga Reef Resort
Aga Reef Resort
238 Reviews
Upolu, Samoa
Lalomanu
Lalomanu
Upolu, Samoa
Dunedin, New Zealand
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel to Samoa in November

Hi,

I have some similar questions.

I'm arriving in Samoa the 24th of November (4:30pm) and will stay until early morning 2nd of December. (so in total 8 nights) I'm travelling alone and my budget is 'as cheap as possible' since I'm a student. But of course I'm willing to pay what it costs to have an amazing Samoan-Experience. I was hoping to stay at cheap fales for most of my stay (or cheaper alternatives) and I don't mind changing accommodation often.

I really want to explore as much as possible (chilling at the beach isn't that important to me since I'm in Fiji the week before and in Rarotonga the week after) and I'm an experienced hiker. So hopefully I will have the opportunity to explore a lot of the wildlife/forest/peaks/waterfalls in Samoa as well.

I've looked into renting a scooter since it seems like the best way to travel when travelling alone. (cheaper than renting a car) From what I have read the busses isn't the most efficient way to get around... But certainly it's a must try!

The only company I found is MotoSamoa Scooter Rental. It's WST$59 /day. Do you now if there exist some other (and/or cheaper/better) companies?

How should I spend my time? How many days should I use to explore Savai'i and how many days to explore Upolu? Since my arrival the first day is in the afternoon I won't be able to take the ferry to Savai'i the first day when I arrive.

Best regards,

Gry Emilie

Mentioned in this post
Samoa
Samoa
South Pacific
Fiji
Fiji
South Pacific
Rarotonga
Rarotonga
Southern Cook Islands, Cook Islands
Upolu
Upolu
Samoa
Woolgoolga...
Destination Expert
for Apia, Samoa
Level Contributor
4,250 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel to Samoa in November

Hi Gry

It's best to stay in a max of 2 places over 8 days otherwise you'll spend the majority of your time travelling and not experiencing anything. Alternatively, spend 3 days on Savaii and 4 on Upolu

A great way to experience Samoan culture is with a village stay. Check out Taumesina Hideaway fales just outside of Apia on a lagoon. Breakfast is included and you can get a real feel for life fa'a Samoa (the Samoan way). Have a look at their Facebook page.

Because you're going alone and in low tourist season I think one of the larger properties would suit you more. Check out Taufua Beach Fales and FaoFao Beach Fales at Lalomanu Beach on Upolu and Tanu Beach Fales or Janes at Manase on Savaii.

MotoSamoa is the only scooter company in Samoa atm.

Do Savaii first because you will have to travel back to Upolu the night prior to your departure if you leave it till last.

Cheers

Deb

Mentioned in this post
Apia
Apia
Upolu, Samoa
Samoa
Samoa
South Pacific
Taufua Beach Fales
Taufua Beach Fales
488 Reviews
Upolu, Samoa
Faofao Beach Fales
Faofao Beach Fales
95 Reviews
Upolu, Samoa
Lalomanu Beach
Lalomanu Beach
348 Reviews
Upolu, Samoa
Upolu
Upolu
Samoa
Tanu Beach Fales
Tanu Beach Fales
191 Reviews
Savai'i, Samoa
Wollongong...
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel to Samoa in November

Thanks for your help Deb!

Huonville, Australia
Level Contributor
27 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel to Samoa in November

I stayed at Aggie Grey in Apia and yes, very relaxing and luxurious. I used an excellent driver who took me, and some others I met, to all the amazing attractions of Samoa. He will take you to Savaii as well and I have to go back to enjoy that part because I spent so much time relaxing and enjoying the culture/sites on the main island. Let me know if you would like his number. He would organise everything and was happy to share his love for all things Samoan.

Mentioned in this post
Apia
Apia
Upolu, Samoa
Samoa
Samoa
South Pacific
Reply to: Travel to Samoa in November
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted