We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Namua Island beach fales

Düsseldorf
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Namua Island beach fales

Hello there!

I am planning my trip to Samoa in July and wanted to stay in the beach fales on Namua Island for one night. I have sent an Email to one address that turned out to be wrong and have now sent an Email to "namuaisland@ipasifika.net" (found that one on visitsamoa.ws) and haven´t heard from them since 2 weeks sofar. I was wondering, if anyone knows how I could get in touch with Namua Beach Fales? And has anybody stayed on Namua? What was it like?

Another question concerns the possible problems one could have with food or water? Is the risk of getting gastrointestinal infections high? Probably it´s safe as long as one is careful with the water?

Thanks a lot!!

HR

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Namua Island beach fales

Malo lava

Try contacting them via the STB - Samoan Tourist Board. That's probably the best way. They are very basic and there's no electricity on the island. The hosts will bring you some food and drink for the evening, and then take their boat back to the mainland and leave you to it.

Namua is Samoan for mosquito - take your insect repellant!

Re food and water, as with travelling in any foreign country, just take care. Drink bottled water only. The locals are used to the local water, but we only ever drink the bottled stuff.

The likelihood of getting a stomach upset is average - I have spent a lot of time in Samoa over the past 5 years and have never had anything too serious. My husband did get typhoid about 3 years ago, but it was mild. However there is always the possibility. Just take care, and don't focus on it too much! Don't let that sort of worry spoil your holiday!

Fa soifua

Tinz

Düsseldorf
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Namua Island beach fales

Hello Tinz!

Thank you for your rapid reply! I googled the Samoan Tourist Board and found the samoa tourism authoriy (visitsamoa.ws), where I had found the email address of Namua from which I have had no reply so far (maybe it´s normal, that they take a little longer?). I also found pacific-travel-guides.com and samoa-islands.com which both lead you to pacific-resorts.com concerning accommodation. But when you look at Namua it says that Namua is not promoting! Do you know if that means, they´re not open this July? Is there any tourist office on Samoa we could call to find out? (I didn´t find a phone number on visitsamoa.ws).

Thank you for your help!

HR

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Namua Island beach fales

Hi there

Maybe they are closed this season?? I have a friend who lives in Lalomanu Village - I will ask her and get back to you. Give me a few days and I will post back here :o)

Fa soifua

Tina

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Namua Island beach fales

Hi again

I just had an email back from my friend at Lalomanu, and Namua is apparently still ticking along!

The best way for you to contact them is to ring Sala, she is the lady who manages the island, and she can be contacted at +685 7702285.

Looks like that will be the best way, to give her a call.

Fa soifua

Tina

Düsseldorf
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Namua Island beach fales

Hello again, Tina!

Thank you so much for your help! I didn´t expect to get a reply so soon! My boyfriend is in NZ so I will ask him to call. I´ll let you (and anybody who might be interested in staying on Namua) know, when I have heard how it worked out.

Concerning the food-question, I have only read good things about the food at Taufua´s and not too bad things at Virgin cove (where we will be staying the rest of the trip), so that should be okay, I guess.

Thanks a lot,

tofa soifua,

HR

6. Re: Namua Island beach fales

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 17:22