We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to snorkel in Samoa

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Where to snorkel in Samoa

Am heading to Samoa in 6 weeks and I can't wait!!!

We would like to know where the best places are to go snorkeling and if it is worth paying to go on a snorkeling tour? If so, what are the best people to use?

Cheers in advance.

Mangawhai
Level Contributor
9 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to snorkel in Samoa

We love snorkelling, and to be able to do so in perfect safety from the beach in front of your resort is paramount. In that respect, the best we have found is the huge bay in front of Savaii Lagoon Resort and the adjacent Le Lagoto. Dive Savaii is also based there, and will take you out on a very entertaining, 4 hour trip to 3 wonderful spots for just 60 Tala per person. The area is so safe you could reach them without a boat if you are a confident snorkeller!

If you are staying in Apia town, then don't miss the Palolo Deep Marine Reserve.

In the South East area, Lalomano is fantastic, although we havn't been back since the tsunami.

Another very interesting sounding prospect that we will check out next time is Le Uainaresort at Faleapuna on the North East coast of Upolu.

Don't waste your time outside Aggies Lagoon Resort, although there is a dive operation there that will take you to the outer reef.

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
20 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to snorkel in Samoa

Hi

I went on a Dive Savaii tour a couple of weeks ago and it was great. The guides are really friendly, and the sites are quite interesting. We saw turtles in the ocean as well which was special. I'd reccommend getting an underwater camera as that was the one thing I regret having.

Sarah

kurrajong
Destination Expert
for Samoa
Level Contributor
843 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to snorkel in Samoa

i toally agree, go on a snorkelling day trip with dave savaii, so cheap and so much fun, we also go to go to a few site and saw a turtle ( my highlight!)

its also fun at lalomano ( as the water here is amazing, there are lots of fish, but alot of the coral has been destoyed from the tsunami now)

also nice ( tide depending) at sa'moanoa resort ( the coral here didnt appear to be damaged, compared to lalomano)

enjoy

sue

4. Re: Where to snorkel in Samoa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2011, 07:21