We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good accommodation options near airport

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
4 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Good accommodation options near airport

Our family are staying on the South Coast of Upolu and our 19 year old son is arriving at 1.30am on the morning that we depart for Savai'i. We were looking at either staying for one night at La Vasa Resort so that he could join us direct from the airport or alternatively stay on the South Coast and get him to stay at some cheaper accommodation near the wharf and we could join him later that morning. It would be too far for him to travel down to the South Coast that night. What would you recommend?

We are also leaving Samoa on a 1.50am flight on a Sunday morning. Is it possible to book a day stay at any of the hotels for the Saturday or would we be better to come back from Savai'i on the Friday stay a night at a hotel then get a late check out.

Which hotels would you recommend?

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good accommodation options near airport

Malo lava

I think your idea about an overnight stay at Le Vasa is a good one. Otherwise there is the Airport Lodge, which is a lot less flash than La Vasa, but it's clean and very pleasant.

I would not leave Savai'i too late ... if there is any sort of problem with the ferries, you could get stuck there and miss your flight. Maybe come back on the Friday and stay overnight somewhere, perhaps Le Vasa again, or maybe you could pop into town to Le Manumea? It's up the hill towards the Robert Louis Stevenson museum, and it's truly lovely with a great little pool.

Fa soifua

Tina

kurrajong
Destination Expert
for Samoa
Level Contributor
840 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good accommodation options near airport

i would stay at lavasa, we did on our last trip and it was fanstastic, we stayed in the cheaper rooms, ( ask about the garden rooms, if interested, they have 2 at the cheaper rate)

we still got breaky and airport transfers,

they have a wonderful pool, the food and the staff we were great!

enjoy

sue

Sunshine Coast, Qld
Level Contributor
367 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good accommodation options near airport

I would also stay at Le Vasa which is close to both the harbour if you're coming back from Savaii and the airport. We stayed here on our last night and splurged on a sunset villa which was a wonderful way to wrap up our trip. If you do stay here, grab a bike from the front of reception in the afternoon and go for a ride along the waterfront. It was the most fantastic way to hear and see village life as we cruised along at sunset. It was one of the highlights of the whole trip for my husband.

4. Re: Good accommodation options near airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 06:17