We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

To Sua Ocean Trench

Gosford, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
To Sua Ocean Trench

Hi,

I am heading to Samoa in 2 weeks and I'm staying at Coconuts for five nights.

I was wondering what's the best way to get to To Sua Ocean Trench?

Thanks!

kurrajong
Destination Expert
for Samoa
Level Contributor
837 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: To Sua Ocean Trench

hi

you can get yourself a great map, either before hand - on to jasons web site and order it for free, or when you are in samoa, the maps are everywhere.

from coconuts you you drive along the main south coast road, it would take i guess about an hour.

its worth the drive, while you are out that way, i wouls also recommend going a bit further, about 20 mins, to lalomanu beach,

a nice place to stop for lunch would be seabreeze resort,

while you are staying at coconuts make sure you go next door to the little local looking place 'lupes' for some cheap sashimi and cheap drinks, ( alot of the coconuts people visit, its literally right next door!)

also you can easliy walk to sinalei, its a beautiful resort and well worth a visit, with the resturant on the water you cna jump off the jetty into a fresh water hole in the ocean! ( trust me, do this its jsut gorgeous!)

enjoy your stay

sue

Gosford, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: To Sua Ocean Trench

HI Sue,

Thanks so much for you help. I really appreciate it.

I have just been to the Jason website and ordered a map. I hadn't heard of this website before so thanks for sharing it.

We will definitely visit Lupes and Sinalei. I am also keen to check out Seabreeze as we considered staying there but thought it was a bit isolated.

Thanks again,

Emma

Beaumaris, Australia
Level Contributor
33 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: To Sua Ocean Trench

Hi Emma

The Jason's map is the worst tourist map I've encountered in 20 years and 37 countries of independent travel. Some roads, locations and attractions are geographically incorrect, but it's format of having the roads drawn so thick and not listing enough landmarks (considering there's barely a signpost and no street signs in Samoa) is completely frustrating.

In desperation I bought a Uni of Hawaii map from the Stevenson museum, but apparently there's an even better map dated from 2001 available in Apia bookstores.

Expect reasonable food but poor service at Seabreeze restaurant.

To Sua Trench is amazing, take drinks and snacks and spend as long as you can. They are landscaping some further 'attractions' but the views and the swim in the trench are highlights of visiting Samoa.

4. Re: To Sua Ocean Trench

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 02:19