We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Mangrove Garden

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
66 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
The Mangrove Garden

Talofa,

We are currently organising our 2014 trip back to Samoa and staying at a few different places around Upolu this time, and then Tanu on our Savaii leg :) . ... I know the Mangrove Garden was closed, due to re-open at a new site.... Does anyone know if this as happened??

Cheers

Ky-Lee

Woolgoolga...
Destination Expert
for Apia, Samoa
Level Contributor
3,985 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Mangrove Garden

Malo fo'i Ky-lee

I've checked their website (http://www.mangrovegardensamoa.com/) and it still says they "will post here" when they have moved to their new location. I can only assume they haven't done so yet. Maybe someone who's been there recently could help more?? You could also try contacting them via the website and see if you get a response.

What month are you planning to go?

Manuia le aso

Deb

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
66 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Mangrove Garden

Talofa Deb :)

Yes, saw that too... but they say June 13, but allowing for "island time" I am not sure when that will be....

Looking at going late June / early July, again for 21 days. This time we don't want to stay in/near Apia and are going to fale our way around Upulo for 9 days, then Tanu for 9 again, and we were going to stay at Satuiatua Beach also , just for 3 nights.

I hate the idea of going thru school holidays, but we took the kids out of school for 3 weeks this trip, and would rather not do that again. So sadly, school holidays it is :(

Hope someone has some insight into Mangroves, as that is the last piece of the puzzle for our holiday.

Cheers Ky-Lee

Woolgoolga...
Destination Expert
for Apia, Samoa
Level Contributor
3,985 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Mangrove Garden

Have you tried emailing them Ky-Lee? Might be worth a shot, as you say "island time" means they may not have updated it yet and with the high season virtually over they might be taking their time.

It's a pain having to go in school hols because it does get crowded but you'll still have a lot of fun.

Deb

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
66 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Mangrove Garden

Yep, e-mailed them a few days before my posting. I think I am going to have to search for somewhere else down the south western side that isn't too expensive..... hopefully they will get back to me :)

Woolgoolga...
Destination Expert
for Apia, Samoa
Level Contributor
3,985 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Mangrove Garden

Have a look at Vaiula Beach Fales and Vailasi Fales which are a little more remote. There is also a new resort going up at Return to Paradise so it could well be open by the time you are going, I'll let you know if I hear when it's opening.

Kawerau, New Zealand
Level Contributor
505 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Mangrove Garden

i prefered Moega Amania to Vaiula- which is more of a surfie hang out and not as clean. they are both on Tafatafa beach which is one of the best all tide , safe beaches.They arent on the internet but I have some photos and their phone number , if you are intersted message me and i can send you some stuff by email

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
66 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Mangrove Garden

Just an update, if anyone is reading for the same enquiry.... they got back to me and there is no set plans on a date that they are opening again. We have opted for a few days at the Sweet Escape Fales instead :).....

Woolgoolga...
Destination Expert
for Apia, Samoa
Level Contributor
3,985 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The Mangrove Garden

It's good that they got back to you Ky-lee, not so good about the delay in re-opening.

Just out of interest, what made you choose Sweet Escape?

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
66 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The Mangrove Garden

Just after some different places around Upolu. Have found if you want to stay "around" the island it is a bit of a mission to book as a lot of them are not online. Or located on the South coast, which with a child that doesn't like waves, I need to try and fit his comforts into the holiday too. Sweet Escape had good reviews, and fitting in with both accommodation style we were chasing and budget. I like to get the most out of our money, so are very happy with the fale style accommodation prices :) It's funny, in my 20's all I ever wanted to do, and did, was resort resort RESORT ! , now it is a case of the complete other direction to resort makes me the happiest. lol

So far our trip looks like :-

3 days at The Sweet Escape

2 days at Vailula Beach Fales

3 days at TauFua Beach Fales

off to Savaii

3 days at Satuiatua Beach Fales

9 days at the glorious Tanu again :)

Then our last night we're going to spend it at Lyn's Getaway.

So another 21 days this time round too ...... only been back 2 1/2 months from our last 21 days, and wish I was there again already lol

Cheers

Ky-Lee

Woolgoolga...
Destination Expert
for Apia, Samoa
Level Contributor
3,985 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The Mangrove Garden

You've really caught the Samoa bug Ky-Lee. After many years of going to and living in Samoa there still isn't a day goes by when I don't think of it particularly since we haven't been able to go for as long as we usually do these past couple of years, it captures your heart and pulls on it's strings for life.

Have you booked all the accom? You definitely won't be missing out because of lack of availability!!

Happy day dreaming

Deb