We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taufua versus Litia Sini

Auckland
Level Contributor
114 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Taufua versus Litia Sini

We want to stay on Lalomanu Beach next week and are trying to decide between the two properties above. Has anyone stayed in the double-bedded, bathroomed fales at Taufua?

Chicago
Level Contributor
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Taufua versus Litia Sini

I stated at Taufua and loved it. Usually Litia Sini only has a few guests during the week, so it would have been much too quiet for me. I stayed in the open fales, so I can not comment on the enclosed ones, but they are probably nice. Both properties are managed by nice, friendly people and the beach is amazing. You can't really make a bad choice here, but personally I would recommend Taufua.

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taufua versus Litia Sini

Hi there, I've stayed at Taufa, and found it to be really awesome. I loved the food, the fales and the great spur-of-the-moment entertainment in the evenings, where you can choose to pull up a chair and join in, or you can just do your own thing.

Tai and Sili (the hosts) are really friendly and lovely, and nothing is too much trouble. I was there in July / August this year (stayed for about 3 weeks) when they were building the fales with shower / loo facilities. They are great! However, I still prefer to stay in a semi-enclosed or open fale - just nearer to the beach and more my style.

We are actually going to get married on Lalomanu beach next year, and most of our guests are staying at Taufua. I have no hesitation at all in recommending it.

I went down to Litia Sini and had a coffee there, it is nice as well, but for me, just a little bit impersonal and not as much atmosphere as Taufua.

Have a great time in Samoa - it really is a beautiful place and as long as you go with a really laid back attitude, you will love it.

Cheers

Tina

Auckland
Level Contributor
114 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taufua versus Litia Sini

Thanks both of you for the encouraging feedback. We have decided to stay at Taufua and now really looking forward to it!

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taufua versus Litia Sini

I am now mega jealous!!! Enjoy your stay - I hope you really love it. Post back here and let us know how you got on, and please say hello to Tai Taufua and her husband Sili!!!

Tofa Soifua!

Auckland
Level Contributor
114 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taufua versus Litia Sini

Hi there, we had a lovely time at Taufua and would recommend. In fact they were so popular that new arrivals were being sent to neighbouring properties down the road. The food was great compared to other places we stayed at and staff were happy to chill bottles of wine we had with us & supply glasses. There was also tea,coffee & milo plus tropical bananas available continuously. People might be interested to know that the fales with ensuites have western style double beds. The showers are very low pressure and therefore no better than using those in the shower block. The privacy is a bonus though!

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taufua versus Litia Sini

Hi Stressbunny

That's fantastic - I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay there! I hope you had lovely weather and good swimming.

Yes the shower pressure is terrible - makes it very hard to wash your hair etc. Many days we just rinsed ourselves off under the cold outdoor shower after swimming and left it at that! lol

How did you enjoy the rest of Samoa??

Cheers

tinzaroo!

Melbourne
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Taufua versus Litia Sini

Litia Sini for families. Taufua for singles.

I've stayed at Litia and it was great. We would occasionally have dinner or lunch at Taufua and it was also great. Really friendly staff and the owners are cool. Fia Fia night at Taufua is wonderful.

If oyu are young, single go to Taufua. If you are older or family oriented check out Litia Sini. Don't limit yourself - both are great. I'd happily stay at either and know I'd have a wonderful vacation.

Wellington
Level Contributor
7 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taufua versus Litia Sini

Are the enclosed fales at Taufua absolute beachfront or are they further back? It looks like Taufua is quite a bit cheaper than Litia Sini so more likely that we will stay there on our trip.

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taufua versus Litia Sini

At Taufua, all but two of their absolute beachfront fales are open fales.

The beachfront two that are enclosed, have big balconies, a proper double bed and are lockable.

Their fales in the second row are all enclosed ones, and there are a few with shower and toilet, but these are quite small.

Litia Sini's beachfront fales are all enclosed ones with lockable doors. They have a few open ones, but they are back off the beach.

And yes, Taufua are cheaper than Litia Sini.

Hope this helps! :o)

10. Re: Taufua versus Litia Sini

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 05:26