We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Samoan Catholic wedding

Which Apia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Beijing
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Samoan Catholic wedding

Hi all! My fiancee and I are planning to get married in June 2007. We've settled on Sinalei Reef for the reception, which seems to be ideal for what we're looking for (except for the no kids under 3 policy). The big issue for us is the actual wedding ceremony. We'd like to have a Catholic ceremony but Sinalei doesn't organise these. Can anyone give us any tips on how to go about arranging this in Samoa?

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Samoan Catholic wedding

Hi there

Sorry, I can't advise on your Catholic ceremony, but I feel I must tell you that the Sinalei policy regarding children is 'no children under 12 years old'. As far as I know, that is their current standing on children, so I just thought I should mention that to you.

Maybe you could talk to the Samoan Tourism Authority regarding your Catholic service? They may be able to help you.

Good luck!

Cheers

Tina

SP
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Samoan Catholic wedding

When you get to Samoa in advance before the wedding, there's a Catholic headquarters in town, try and have time to go see them or else talk to the manager of Sinalei if their reservation team is not that helpful I am pretty sure that they can go a bit further to help you with your wedding plans.

hope that this helps

Sydney
Level Contributor
348 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Samoan Catholic wedding

Do you have a local contact in town who could assist you? they could go to catholic HQ in Apia and organise the finer details. Catholic ceremonies require special permission from the cardinal's office in Apia. If you are having a reception at Sinalei the closest Catholic Cathedral is in Mulivai about 5 mins drive maybe less from Sinalei. Its a significant church in the history of catholicism in samoa.

But the Cardinals office is probably the best starting point.

4. Re: Samoan Catholic wedding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2009, 12:29
Get answers to your questions about Apia
Recent Conversations