We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Female tour guides recommendation.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
15 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Female tour guides recommendation.

Hi, we are a mother and daughter going to Samoa for a weeks holiday next week, and wondered if anyone had any recommendation for a female tour guide. I was thinking about driving myself, but a bit concerned a about the driving on the opposite side to what i am used to. maybe someone could recommend a tour operator who could take us on a trip or two.

many thanks.

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Female tour guides recommendation.

Hi there

You could try Samoa Scenic Tours http://www.samoascenictours.ws/, but personally, I would find a nice friendly taxi driver with a good car and ask them for a price for a day trip. Not many ladies drive taxis or take tours though, it is more of a man's domain, but that shouldn't be any cause for concern.

A friendly local would be able to take you to places of interest, which might include beaches, waterfalls, sliding rocks, Robert Louis Stevenson museum, and maybe you could stop for lunch somewhere like Sinalei resort, which has a brilliant restaurant over the water, at the bottom of the property, through a lovely tree lined walk. The grounds really are quite pretty!

Take togs and snorkelling gear, as if you visit the beaches at the south east coast, you will likely want to swim as they are so beautiful.

Good luck - am happy to answer any other questions you might have. What day do you leave? We could be on the same plane :o))

Fa soifua

Tinz

New Zealand
Level Contributor
15 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Female tour guides recommendation.

Hi Tinz, we are leaving from Auckland next wednesday around about 3.30 p.m, a bit of a guess on time. Do you agree driving is a bit risky, and better to have tour guide. should we take our own goggles and snorkel from honme, or is something we can hire from the hotel. we are staying at the Aggie Grey spa/lagoon. Great to hear from you nd your good ideas. we are looking forward to going as we were meant to be going on an european holiday and unfortunately my husband had to have surgery a couple of weeks ago and was unable to go on the trip, so we needed a little break and thought Samoa would be different, and of course warm.

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Female tour guides recommendation.

Hi again :o)

We fly out next Thursday night, so a day after you :o)

I never find driving a problem in Samoa, but we have lived in the US and Canada for many years in the past, so driving on the other side of the road is second nature to both of us. But it's really not that hard to get used to, and you can just take it slowly :o)

Sorry to hear your husband is ill, that's no good. You'll have to make sure you get lots of nice pics to show him and make him want to visit when he gets better!!!

Take your own goggles and fins if you can, otherwise you can maybe get them from the hotel. Aggie's Resort has most of those things available.

Samoa should be nice and warm, but they have had a bit of rain lately. I'm hoping the rain will have finished by the time we arrive!!

Fa soifua

Tinz

4. Re: Female tour guides recommendation.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 00:18
Get answers to your questions about Apia