We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coming to Samoa next week

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Topic
Coming to Samoa next week

Hi there

Just wondering if what weather is like at the moment. We are coming for a wedding in savaii nextweek. In our daily paper it reports thunder every day and rain. Is this true?

Also what is the ferry ride like over to Savaii?

Thanks

Karen

Woolgoolga...
Destination Expert
for Apia, Samoa
Level Contributor
4,106 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coming to Samoa next week

Malo Karen

What a great place to go for a wedding. The weather at the moment is really iffy. It is the wet season yet there hasn't been any rain for over 4 weeks. Might be lots of thunder and it may look like rain but that doesn't mean to say that it will. In the wet season, when it rains it only rains intermitently for 1/2 hour periods or so. My Samoa family are saying that they are having a drought so you may be in luck when you arrive. Hopefully Tina will reply as well as she is in Samoa at the moment.

The ferry to Savaii is usually a pretty smooth ride which can take anywhere from 45mins to an hour and half depending on the reef (high or low tide). If you are taking a car on the ferry I would lock it up and go upstairs to the fresh air as staying below is stifling. Finding a seat on the ferry is sometimes a problem as Samoans tend to sprawl out on the benches and go to sleep for the duration. The scenery on the ride across is amazing too.

You'll have a ball - are you only staying for the wedding or do you intend to stay a little longer? Hope this helps. Also google the weather for Samoa for more current updates.

Have fun and let us know how you went.

Fa soifua

Deb

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coming to Samoa next week

Hi all

Yep it's difficult to gauge what the weather will do, and all the forecasts seem to constantly get it wrong! We've had hardly any rain in the past month, so I'd say you might be lucky. In fact, it's been really sunny and hot!!

If you get seasick, my advice is to take seasickness pills prior to the ferry ride. I've never had a pleasant one yet!!

Enjoy the wedding in Savai'i. We actually flew back to NZ today so I'm very jealous!

Fa soifua :o)

Tina

3. Re: Coming to Samoa next week

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2009, 07:23
Get answers to your questions about Apia
Recent Conversations